Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The logan's on fire!
Decided to adventure up logan canyon this last weekend in search of some much needed relaxation. I ended up driving a good 30 minutes into the middle of a snowstorm until I finally found a spot to pull over. It looked like there hasn't been much fishing pressure in this area due to the quantity of snow. I was a little skeptical on how good fishing would be in the nasty weather but I decided to give it a try. After a 20 minute hike in the waist deep powder I finally made it to the river! I found a nice looking hole, threw in a prince nymph, then fish on! I got lucky and stumbled across about 15 more hungry fish which made for one of the best days ive had in a while. I love the logan and just had to brag about it for a bit. Get out there and fish! [fishon]
[signature]
Nice job man. Love that halo color on the gill plate [angelic]. Only caught a few of them with that type of color. Keep up it man.
[signature]
Cool! You're definitely more die hard than I am. I stay home when it snows. I'm surprised you didn't get any cutts, it's usually about 50/50 for me up there with some whitefish thrown in.
[signature]
Yeah I haven't got many cutts up there. Spotted a few whitefish but they didn't seem to be interested in anything I threw at them.
[signature]
Hey thanks, there really is some good-looking fish in that river.
[signature]
Keep at it and you'll end up with some whities. I catch them on bead head nymphs quite a bit. It seems like it varies from spot to spot up there whether you get into cutts or not. Some areas have tons, and other areas just a half mile away are mostly browns. It's a strange river that way.
[signature]