Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass recipe.
After having a couple of really good days at Swan Falls, I decided to try to invent a new recipe. As it turns out, it was the best bass I've ever eaten, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you all.

I hope you enjoy it.

Updated link.
[signature]
I will have to try this sometime!

What temp do you run your oven for this?
[signature]
Dang, I need to get that in the recipe. It should be cooked at 350 for 20-25 minutes then on high broil until the cheese is melted.
[signature]
Nice. Almost identical to a recipe I use for tilapia and panfish. Only change is I use Parmesan instead or Jack etc. Shorter cooking time for the smaller pan fish too.

Try it with some parmesan. I plan on trying the Jack cheese.
[signature]
I will try that. I actually prefer Provolone, but Jack would be good too.

I also tried to copy Potlatch seasoning, because it is fairly expensive. I have a decent recipe that mimics it pretty well. If anyone would like that as well, let me know.
[signature]
I haven't ever even heard of Potlatch Seasoning, but I would love to know what you came up with and would give it a try. [Smile]
[signature]
Regular "Potlatch brand" seasoning is fairly course and separates in the container if shaken, so I always had to stir it before using. My home mix is a fine powder, but it works well and doesn't separate.

My POTLATCH SEASONING recipe.

1tablespoon oregano
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic salt
2 tbsp iodized salt
1 half tbsp basil
1 half tsp red pepper (cayenne)
1 half tsp crushed red pepper
1 half tsp fennel seed

Mix/chop to a fine powder in a coffee grinder. Mine looks similar to this: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=elec...edIndex=30

After chopping into a fine powder, I pour mine into an old garlic salt container for storage and dispensing, just shake over your fish as desired.
Looks good. I'll make some up and give it a try.

Thanks!
[signature]