Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C.A.S.T. Program for Youth

Hey there guys,

I've been a member of UASC or United Anglers of Southern California for a couple of years now but didn't realize they have a special provision for youth in their annual catch and release tournament program titled C.A.S.T. or California Angler's Sportfishing Tournament.

Although I assumed it was only open to members, the fact is that anyone 15 years old or younger can enter the contest and need not be a member.

As the program for 2003 was from March until September, it's finished for 2003 but I expect the program to exist next year too. If you have a youngster who fishes, why not get them in the tournament, after all...... UA membership is not required. A trip to Alaska was one of the winners prizes this year.

Good luck, Oh yes they have a contest for deckhands too. Check out their website at http://www.unitedanglers.com for details.

JapanRon
[signature]
That looks like a good program. I wish I would have known about it earlier. I don't know if I could still get my son into it for next year. He will turn 16 in August.
[signature]