Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weber Today 5/15
Fished for about 6 hours today, hooked into 4 browns and lost all but one of them right at the net. I tried throwing streamers, zebras, and pheasant tails but the only thing they bit on were some Higa's S.O.S flies I tied up last night. Has anyone found anything else to be working better? I'd appreciate any advice as fishing's been fairly slow for me the last couple of outings.
[signature]
What part of the weeb were you fishing? I spent about 4 hours from 3-7pm fishing the middle just above echo. The mothers day caddis hatch was coming off and I managed around 10 small to medium sized browns on a size 16 partridge caddis. PM me and I'll let you know more if you like.
[signature]
I hit the weeb on Saturday in the cold and wet... I did real well nymphing double sow bug rigs. Caught over 30 fish, with about 5 or six browns mixed in with whitefish.
Heading up today when i get off work.
Mostly any sow/scud imitation, midge, or larvae nymphs will catch you fish, also it depends what partof the river you are fishing aswell. Definitely better areas than others to fish in the same sections.
[signature]
Thanks a bunch. I agree that different sections of the river fish better on certain days. I've had times where I fish one area for a few hours without even a nibble but then move a couple minutes up river and start catching them right and left.
[signature]
Get that entry over to the Utah Contest Forum. [cool]

As soon as I get your entry fee I will award your points to you.[Smile]

P.S. In the future please lay the tape next to or under the fish, and not on top of the fish. I will still accept this entry this time though.
[signature]
Will do! I was wondering if it would count since my paper with the keyword ended up being behind my net without me realizing it until I looked at the picture after. Also, it can be quite difficult to get the fish to stay still so I could photograph it quick enough to release it safely ha ha.
[signature]