Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Tackle Swap???
[#0000FF]During the short time we had the float tube club going we had a couple of tackle swap get togethers. Neither were very big or well attended but they were fun and most who attended were pleased with what they bought and/or sold...or swapped.

Bassrods is having his own tackle yard sale this coming Saturday and that made me think that maybe it would be a good time for us to put together a member get-together somewhere for all to participate.

I ain't volunteering to do all the work but I will help where I can. Anybody got a good centrally located covered area (sun protection) where we could meet on either a Saturday or sometime during the week in the evening?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Count me in on being there....where ever it may be located.
[signature]
I would like to participate let me know the date, June is full for me.
[signature]
I'd enjoy such an event.

I'd like to help organize but I have a daughter getting married in a month so my "help" calendar has been booked for the next several weeks.
[signature]
[#0000FF]No matter what date and time we set there are bound to be willing participants that are unable to make it. And summers are busy for a lot of us with graduations, weddings, vacations...and, well, fishing.

If we can find a suitable spot we might even consider doing something like they do with the downtown monthly "flea market". That is set up a day each month for two or three months and then we know what to plan on.

Another option is to have two in the same week. One on a Saturday and another on a weekday evening.

There are lots of parks around the valley. Last year we had one in the evening at a small neighborhood park. Everybody just lined up along the street and arranged their goodies on the grass across the sidewalk from where they were parked.

Willow Park Pond is a good possibility too, except we can't reserve the covered area...first come first served. And it stays busy in nice weather.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hey count me in!!!! I would love to come down and unload some stuff.
[signature]

I might be up for something that this, most Saturdays are not too good for me
but during the week evenings monday and tuesday are good.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I have found that Tuesday nights are one of the best times to hold get togethers. Better than messing up a perfectly good fishing day on Saturday.

Any suggestions on a good spot?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Lets do the same park. It is just 5 minutes off the 7200 South exit of I
15 and there is never anybody there. And I vote Tuesday and beyond just saying the time and day I don't think we need much more in the way of setting this up. It went quite smoothly I thought little more than that last year.

So I will get this started... This coming Tuesday works great for me how about 6 p.m. Tuesday the 28th of May. If we get more than ten guys to say that works for them we should have it then and there. So vote yay or nay right here on this thread.
[signature]
Count me in for that date/time..............
[signature]
[#0000FF]That is a nice little park...but tough to find for some folks. I can't find the map I made for the last one. If you give the basic coordinates and directions I will make up another map.

Tuesday works for me. Just tell the parks folks not to turn on the sprinklers. And let's hope we don't get that afternoon thunderstorm that blew in last time.

Anybody wanna volunteer to maybe make some signs...at the proper turnoffs?
[/#0000FF]

[signature]
Tuesday will work for me
I have to much to haul to far so the closer the better
[signature]
Do you mean the 27th after Memorial day?
[signature]
It sounds like a good time. I will be there. gshorthair.
[signature]
It is at the corner of 7175 S and 1975 W. in West Jordan.

Take 7200 S. (it becomes 7000 S. at Redwood Rd) Go to 1910 W. and head South it bends at 7175 S. and the park is the next left turn.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Here are the maps.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I should be able to attend.
[signature]
[Smile]
[signature]
Hey I will bring my fly boxes down to give to you there for the fly fishing tournament.
[signature]
I'm interested. I will try to make it!
[signature]