Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
protecting habitat by drone mapping
with the advent of drones, quadrotors and digital cameras it is easier to document stream habitat by mapping. Here is an example of spawn creek done up on the logan river.

http://mapknitter.org/tms/spawn-creek/openlayers.html

Grazing permit holders where saying that they didnt hurt the habitat by letting cattle sit in the stream all summer (even with this being an enclosed area because of the wood fence.) So this year, after the grazing season we can bring before and after photos to show the USFS. quad rotors can take great high resolution images where fixed wing drones can take large area but lower resolution images but they are still less than 2 cm per pixal.

IF your interested in doing a stream in utah let me know and I will tell you how to do it.
[signature]
Looking forward to shooting your damn drone down if you fly my ranch.
[signature]
[Sad][quote Bovineowner]Looking forward to shooting your damn drone down if you fly my ranch.[/quote]
[Wink]" [Tongue]" [cool]" [sly]" " " " " " " "
[signature]
[quote Bovineowner]Looking forward to shooting your damn drone down if you fly my ranch.[/quote]

Just make sure you have a drone license and it's drone season. I think the daily bag limit is 7 in aggregate, no more that 2 of which can be fixed wing.

Matt
[signature]