Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back... I hope!
Howdy!

I've been absent a couple years.
But now I got my license, and I'm hoping to get back into fishing (and maybe some catching too!)

My goal is to go at least once a week. Mostly I'll be at city ponds, but it would be nice to go to some bigger waters like Willard, Pineview, East Canyon, etc. at least once or twice a month - finances allowing (my car keeps breaking down and I'm spending $100+/month fixing it...aurgh!)

Went to Jensen/Syracuse pond tonight. I didn't catch anything, but a little boy a few spots over got a "huge" catfish (really wasn't all that big, actually) and he was laughing and hollering. It was rather cute.
There are some funky lookin' ducks at that place...
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hey you little brat, good to hear from ya. I was wondering about you on Tuesday as I passed your turnoff on my way to Willard.

Hope you are doing okay healthwise and hope you can get in some more fishing.

A lot of the lakes are pretty low and shore fishing is not the best right now. But maybe we can work in a trip to somewhere on Willard if the kitties stabilize and are fishable from shore.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Hey, Little Lady,

Glad to see yer still about & kickin'. Shoot me a PM & we'll set up an outing in my boat.

GEEZER
[signature]
I have been wondering what had happened to you and hoped you were doing well. Welcome back and good luck getting into some fish.
[signature]
Nice to see you back. I too wondered where you have been. [cool]
[signature]
Pat - Hiya! I'm alive...wearing a heart monitor right now, since my clunky ticker keeps trying new tricks, but it still works!

Geezer - Yes'sir! Smile

I've been busy volunteering for an animal rescue. Since it's a little independent group, we're struggling to keep afloat. It doesn't get funding like the big places such as Best Friends, Humane Society or even the county/city shelters. Volunteers are hard to come by (and GOOD ones are even harder to get!).
While I like doing it, I'm sort of feeling burned out a bit lately, and want to find/make time for other things I enjoy. Already been camping once this year - in April I went out to Antelope Island. Was going to watch the meteor shower, but of course it got cloudy after midnight *pout*
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o56F8z2R...PJLV4gs23Q )
Debating if I want to try staying in a yurt up at East Canyon... the only "perk" they have (as far as I'm concerned) is an electrical outlet... otherwise, I might as well just sleep in my car and save $40!

I'm trying to hurry and get chores done, because I want to go see if Adams Reservoir is any good. I like Holmes creek, but the hike back up just about kills me! I hope Adams isn't as steep (and yes, I already have my walk-in permit)
[signature]