Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Perch
Spent Sunday afternoon with my son fishing Hyrum from shore. The pond is about as low as I have ever seen it. Good news is the perch were plentifull and they are getting some size to them. This could be a good sign for the upcomming ice season. We kept enough to make some fish tacos for dinner. I have to confess... after catching literally thousands of perch over the yeas, this is the first time they have made it to my mouth. They were awsome eating and I am now a fan.
[signature]
Nice! 8-9"s?
[signature]
Yup. You may think of them as mini-walleye, because they very nearly are.
[signature]
Wow Tom nice batch of fish, I should have tried them instead of the bows. They are worth keeping at that size. Thanks for the story. Later J
[signature]
Nice dude! Good to hear from you again. Glad you finally agree that those perch are too tasty to throw back into the water!
[signature]
Nice looking perch! That gets me excited for some hard water fishing at Hyrum this year.
[signature]
thanks for the report and pictures. its great to see some perch coming back up there
[signature]
Damned trash fish! Oughta just throw 'em all back. [Wink]
Menace to the fish-food-chain, all they do is eat the rainbow's food! And steal all your worms!

seems like they are on the way up from the bust cycle, as you say - could have an impact on ice opportunities.
Nice job. I sure do miss the taste of perch. Next stop fish lake for no limit on perch 2015 [mad]
[signature]
You sound exactly like my Dad Yote... That is the mentality that I was raised with. Perch were no better than Carp. Damn worm stealing trash fish... Man, if I only had a second shot at all the 12-15 inches that I threw back and cussed growing up...
[signature]
Amen.
[signature]