Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethanol-Free Gas Finally in Roy!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]Yup, finally I no longer have to tow the boat to 7th and Washington or to those pumps across from Cal Ranch to give my boat its ethanol-free fix. Now we have another Sinclair station in the Roy, UT area that sells ethanol-free gas.[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]Note that all three places mentioned above are Sinclair stations. Not that that has any special meaning but it is interesting that Sinclair seems to be the ones who understand the need for ethanol-free fuel for boats and small engines.[/size][/#000080][/font]
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]The octane there at the Sinclair in Roy is 88 ... just what I want for my boat motor.[/size][/#000080][/font]
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]When I stopped to fill my truck, I noticed that four of the pumps were labeled "88-Ethanol-Free". I went in and asked the attendant how long they had been selling ethanol-free gas. He said that they just started yesterday. The owner hadn't been selling premium very well so he had it all sucked out and replaced with ethanol-free gas. All of the other pumps have gas that includes a percentage of ethanol.[/size][/#000080][/font]
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]So this is good news for me since I live near Roy.[/size][/#000080][/font] [font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]The address of the ethanol-free Sinclair gas station is:[/size][/#000080][/font]
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]The south-east corner of[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4] [#ff00ff][size 5]5600 South and 1900 West, Roy[/size][/#ff00ff].

[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]I still use a stabilizer in my boat fuel even though I use ethanol-free fuel.[/size][/#000080][/font]
[signature]
I get gas a lot, but the lash ting I wanna be is ethanol free. Hic!

Call me if you need a checklist holder when you replace that feed line, Ralph. That and the boozeless gas ought to keep yer motor runnin'!
[signature]
[quote Old_Coot][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]Yup, finally I no longer have to tow the boat to 6th and Washington or to those pumps across from Cal Ranch to give my boat its ethanol-free fix. Now we have another Sinclair station in the Roy, UT area that sells ethanol-free gas.[/size][/#000080][/font]
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000080][size 4]Note that all three places mentioned above are Sinclair stations.[/quote]

I was talking to the driver who delivers ethanol free gas at the CFN station across from Cal Ranch and the gas is supplied from Thomas Oil Company based in Montana. They also said as long as the oil company continues to manufacture non ethanol they will keep delivering. It was mentioned that more stations will start carrying non ethanol gas in our area as time goes on. Also, the newly rebuilt Maverik on 2700N Farr West sells non ethanol at the pumps behind the store at the RV pumps.
[signature]
Good to here this. Thanks for posting it.
[signature]
Although I never had a problem with my boat motors, it cost me $200 bucks to find out the ethanol gas raises hell with my Honda Rubicon ATV. The mechanic told me he fixes a Honda just about every day that has been using ethanol gas. Apparently the fuel fuses the needle to the seat in the carburetor (dissimilar metals or electrolysis??) or something like that, that prevents the flow of gas to the engine.

Since this fiasco, I have been running non-ethanol gas in all of my small engines including the boat.
[signature]
I think part of the key to that is "newer motors". Mine have all been pretty ancient. There are treatments, and from all I've heard are worth applying.

I've had plenty of unhappy motoring experiences, but then I'm not very mechanically inclined, and I think they sense that and act up. Like a horse that knows who's in control.

There's a web-site that lists the EtOH free gas locations, and I'm pleased to have learned one if right down the street from me. Another right on the way to Benson, so I'm good on that.

Maybe if I ever get a newer motor, I'll worry less and motor more, but for now...

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=UT
The in tank fuel pickups in all my sleds are rotten and have to be replaced. Boats are ok so far. Always use use marine stabil. All my sleds are skidoo. Funny how farm fuel is alcohol free.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]The reason ethanol continues to be a subject of interest is because it’s still being sold. I too have had my issues with ethanol. I had to drain and fill my fuel tank three times and rebuild my carb twice all in one year to completely rid by boat of that crap. I’d say if you personally have had luck running standard fuel in your systems you’re one of the lucky ones. Unfortunately many of us, my self-included have had problem. Since then and for the last three years I’ve run the Marine Stabil with ethanol treatment and it has been better, but not perfect.[/font][font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]

[font "Calibri"]I think the majority of the people that have had problems are not the retired folks that accumulate 900 hours on a motor in a relatively short time. It’s the guys that only get out a couple times a month. Just my theory, you’re burning up your fuel before it has a chance to break down. And yes I say that with total jealousy. [/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]

[font "Calibri"]Ralph,[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Thanks for the FYI!!! [/font]
[signature]
Well that is not exactly true, I would dare say that I get out at least as much as Bob and had issues with my boat motor running poorly earlier this year before I found out about that newly rebuilt Maverick there at Farr West having Ethanol Free gas. Once I started using their gas, my issues when away. Maybe it has to do with the horsepower of the motor that is running the Ethanol Fuel[:/], I'm not really sure but for my 90 hp Johnson using Ethanol gas was not good. I don't really think using Ethanol gas is doing us any good as a nation, in the long run it cost more and does little imo to extend any short supply of gas that the Feds say we have. I just heard a report today that said if the USA was allowed to produce oil at the level we are capable of, we are at 50% right now, we would have more oil than even the richest oil nation.
[signature]
Having a friend give me the in-sider info on ethanel - the soul purpose of ethanol is to get your catalytic converter up to hot temp fast to reduce polution - once it's up to operating temp it's not utilitized.
He's gone to the Oil company siminar on ethanol and brought with them a Holey Carb that was eaten by ethanol, the petroleum engineer asked what a carburator was? He had never heard of one. In fact he had to Google it. - after all they quit making auto carbs in 85.

Just an FYI - gas is added to the tanker delivery truck, then it pulls forward and the ethanol is added, then if Chevron gas it pulls forward and gets the Techrolene(?).
What mixes the gas, ethanol, & techrolene - driving to the station to deliver is your mixer. So if you deliver point is close versus far the mixture is quiet different.

I'm just the messenger...
[signature]