Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Hit the Weber Recently
Haven t hit the Weber all summer wanted to at least hit the Devils Slide area this weekend any reports ? water conditions ?
[signature]
I am interested also, water was so high all summer that I never tried but I hear they shut the flow off so maybe it is picking up.
[signature]
As of Monday the flows looked pretty low to me, we went up to Rockport that morning and was very surprised to see how low the water level was below Echo. It wasn't as low in the devil slide area because of the side streams coming in there but it was below what it has been. Hope that helps.
[signature]
Nice, thanks. How was Rockport? I heard it was fishing well, along with the Weeb above it, maybe I need to go up higher.
[signature]
If its any help we fished Rockport 2 weeks ago from the shore, Nada a few bites one long distance release it was sloooow all day.
[signature]
I posted a report, "4 lakes in 7 days", but it wasn't good imo. A couple of guys in a canoe did a little better trolling close to shore.
[signature]
Think I'll hit the Weeb for a few hours in the morning.
[signature]
Good luck, hope you fine some of those big Weber browns. By the way, have you ever stopped at the gas station on the South side of the exit in Coalville? Go into the little store and look up on the wall, they a brown on the wall there that will blow you away, it was caught in the Weber, right by the store.
[signature]
Weber River at Echo is running less than 1 Cubic Foot per Second (CFS). Weber river at Gateway (mouth of Weber Canyon) is running 46 CFS.
East Canyon Creek in Morgan is running 4 CFS.

Most of the summer the river was running at 430CFS through that area.

I would bet with the low water and warm sunlight that there are some nice Caddis hatches in the evening. Using nymphs and midge patterns below the surface should get plenty of whitefish.

Much land along the Weber below Devils slide is private, meaning you can't walk in the streambed to fish.
[signature]