Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tube Toads
I had a fun (last minute) trip to Scofield this morning. 17 total fish. 4 in the 20" class... two just under the slot (actually one may have been just over but my tape measure malfunctioned so I called him a 21").

[inline TubeScofieldOct14d.JPG]

[inline TubeScofieldOct14c.JPG]

[inline TubeScofieldOct14a.JPG]

[inline TubeScofieldOct14.JPG]
[signature]
Pretty fish sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for the report. J
[signature]
Puuuuuuuurty fishies....
[signature]
Nice to read a Tube report. No peddle Pontoon?
[signature]
Thanks for sharing your report and pics, looks like a fun time on the pond. No chubs?[Wink]
[signature]
The pedal pontoon project wasn't working out. Just moving around on the pontoon was fine, but fishing out of it wasn't.

The problem is going backward the pedals are in the way of everything. There was no place to work and landing fish had to be done from the side of the pontoon.

All possible but it wasn't for me.

I've sold both the Mirage drive and the pontoon at this point. I was planning to do a fishing tube upgrade but I really like by tube so I may not get around to it.

I would like something a little bit bigger at some point, but I'm not sure what that is just yet. The frameless pontoons appear to be too big.

Oh, and I did catch two chub in my total. The chubs were caught in my first five minutes on the lake with a worm rig. Those were then chopped up for bait for the pictured fish.
[signature]
Thanks. We might have to meet up at DC and I would let you take a drive on the Fuzion. Close to a tube.
[signature]
My dad just got the Outlaw Fuzion DST a few months ago and he loves it.

I took it for a spin when I was visiting him back in July, and it is a very sweet setup. Very comfortable, sturdy enough to stand on, and easy to transport. I think I will be getting one for myself for next year.

Is this the same model you have?
[signature]
Think so
[Image: DSCN0608_zpsbb2c106f.jpg]
[signature]
That's the one!
[signature]
Wow... that looks AWESOME. The picture of you standing on it fishing may have just sold me on it.

How well does it collapse down? Could I fit it in my car trunk?

And do you have a picture of the motor mount?

Edit: Yikes! I just looked at the price tag and I am unsold! A tube is a $350 type expenditure for me.
[signature]
[quote MasterDaad]Wow... that looks AWESOME. The picture of you standing on it fishing may have just sold me on it.

How well does it collapse down? Could I fit it in my car trunk?

And do you have a picture of the motor mount?

Edit: Yikes! I just looked at the price tag and I am unsold! A tube is a $350 type expenditure for me.[/quote]

Yes pricey but worth in to me. It feels hard because of the drop stitch. It can be folded up pretty small, but with the extra material under the seat so your feet don't slide, it can be tough. I roll mine up
Here it is folded up...the entire boat
[Image: Fusion4_zps5a5cd928.jpg]
Here is the Motor Mount
[Image: Fusion018_zps6a45be65.jpg]
[Image: Fusion022_zpsc5e264a7.jpg]
[signature]
This is a little more than the $350. but might be worth a look. Also has an electric motor mount accessory.
http://youtu.be/DPNZjfG_xKs
[signature]
Having spent time on SUP I'd worry about the stability without testing one first. They also look awesome though.

I take my boat on long fishing trips so a tube for me is all about ease-of-use and portability.

I really like the concept of your pontoon. Maybe someday when I'm not paying for kids college a larger tube expenditure will be possible.
[signature]