Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you Agree with Boat Limits?

Hey there guys,

California's DFG has just authorized private saltwater (not clear on freshwater) boaters/anglers and sportfishing/open-party boats to fish on a Boat Limit basis instead of the past regulations. Oregon and Washington of these regulations in place already.

Prior, when an angler caught his or her limit they had to stop fishing. Now, someone can fish until the number of fish on board equals the legal limit X number of anglers.

This is a terrible thing. I'm a good angler and can catch my limit 5 times over but I don't keep fish.

Do you agree it is a BAD thing?

Do you feel it is a GOOD thing?

No opinion one way or another!

JapanRon
[signature]
Those type of limits are the ones that destroy our fisheries. Are these fishermen that they are referring to or are they farmers going out for the harvest?

I personally do not agree to these boat limits. Each person should fish until his/her own personal limit is satisfied and then stop. Save some fish for others to enjoy catching as well.
[signature]
I'm with you TB2, if it's commercial fishing, then absolutely they need boat limits, but for personal/recreational fishing, as well as guided charters for sportfishing there should be no cap.
[signature]