Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat harassment at Lincoln Beach
Hit LB this morning at a bright early hour of 6:30 am, on the water by 6:45 with a cool air temp of 40 degrees. The water temp at lauch was 54. 10 degrees cooler than last week. Alarms started going off in my head thinking this isn't going to be a good day.[:/] I was pretty much right on there. BLK soon showed up and went out to his kitty hole. He told me had 6 on by the time he left around 11 ish. The water warmed to 59 by 11 and was 60 when I got off at 1:00. I hooked into four cats after the water warmed up and my best for the day was a cool 24 incher. Smallest was around 21. The morning started out calm but got windy quick. Nothing too bad but hard to hold position in my toon. BLK came over to chat before he left for the day and I was just dangling a jig on my ultralight when it went bendo. The fish that surfaced was a decent sized carp that broke off when I gave it a little pressure. I left when the wind really picked up and right before the white caps were to come. Saw one other boat out there besides BLK and a couple of bank tanglers. The only white bass I saw was caught by the bank tanglers as I was heading in.
[signature]
Nicely done. I sure miss fishing UL.

That water temp is almost right where it needs to be! It's sure taken a while to warm up this Spring.
[signature]
Yeah now I just got to find those big bruisers.[cool]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry I missed the wind. You know how much I love that stuff.

Glad you got some fishies to play before the breezes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yeah I thought of you as I was getting blown around. Hopefully next time it will be less windy (yeah right) and more cats willing to play.
[signature]
Good to fish with ya albino even if it was from a distance. We missed each other at the launch cuz I was late getting there. I really wanted to get a good look at that fancy toon you have to see how you have it rigged up. When the water gets too low for my boat it is either tube or toon for me... leaning toward toon because of the vision in my head of me inverted in a tube with only legs and fins thrashing in the air.

I ended up with six cats but the bite of the day came when I was bringing the last fish in and the line on my second pole got caught in my electric motor. That kind of ended my day with a clogged electric. I've got it all cleaned up now and ready to go again.

Water temp hit 59 before I left. Maybe with a few more sunny days the action will pick up again.

Taking my crew out tomorrow to do some ugly stuff on some of those big carp. Maybe fish later in the day if/when the carp go away.

The best is yet to come.
BLK
[signature]
I checked out the weather report and it is looking like my wife will get to see me around the house for a couple of weeks.[:/]

On the tube or toon it is really a matter of personal preference. TD uses an outcast fat cat, a V shaped tube. I have the toon. Both can be rigged with motor and gear.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Nice pics too. At least you didn't get skunked! [Wink]
[signature]
Yeah I thought the skunk was coming due to how slow the morning was. Glad it picked up mid day for me.
[signature]
I took this pic on 4-28, drew the line on the 20th, I also noticed when the water started to drop below the seem on the ramp, hopefully we can still get out of the harbor later this year, just something to look at as you go down the dock, its on the right side pole.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I check that joint line in the cement on the ramp every time I go out there. It is angled so not a good indicator of how the water is dropping. I'll have to check the mark you left on the dock the next time out. Being vertical, it would be a better indicator.

Went out today with my crew... they fished and shot; I captained. Nice weather for what was supposed to be a windy day. Light breeze until about 11:00 and then the wind really came on.

Boys caught three cats... one a 24 incher, and shot up a bunch of carp. Good day but I think I'm done until this stormy period is over.

BLK
[signature]
I plan on taking my crew out on Memorial Day (first official day out of school before end of school year). I hope there will be enough water to launch the boat at either Lincoln or Lindon. Not sure what American fork looks like right now.
[signature]