Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fuzion
I bought this boat last year, but in the accessory list it now has an optional frame.
The boat is a little heavier at 30lbs dry (because of the thick dropped stitch material) it is easy to move from land to the water.
I picked up a frame on my trip up north. I was excited to try it but had no idea how big a change it would be!
Upped the weight but still able to move it on my shoulders.
Advantages, almost zero wind resistance. It tracks very true (comes with three skegs, I only use one - middle one). Tons of storage space however water will come over deck so need to use waterproof containers. And best part, easy as heck to just "stand up". I was a little shaky at first but I am not real steady on my feet anyway. Once I did it, it became easier and easier.
I also own the Outlaw X5 which I bought for storage space plus the standing deck. The Fuzion offers all of that at half the weight.
Also because of it's design it is easy to transport. It is rockered slightly as well.
Little more money but offers so much. I was also using hip waders and never got wet. It rows like a dream.
[Image: IMG_2999_zpsqu2jrtoo.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0888_zps7j0nbhvc.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0960_zpscoupsfch.jpg]
[signature]
Interesting. It looks solid.
[signature]
I know, right! But it is inflatable. It can be rolled up too. It definitely got a lot of attention this past week.
[signature]
So with the issue of water coming over the deck, one needs to by dry sacks instead of regular tackle pockets?
[signature]
Yes. Baxter is sitting in a basket with a solid floor. The HFO gear bag gets wet on the outside but contents stay dry. I did learn to take a dry bag for my jacket , LOL
[signature]
Wow! It looks way cool. [Smile]

Earlier today, I was bored, and went over to Dave Scadden's site to take a peek-see. I watched his video on the Fusion, and I thought that it was solid, like balsa wood, or whatever. Had no idea that it casn be inflated, and deflated, AND rolled-up. If'n you have it rolled, is the frame still attached? Assumeing not, how easy is it to set-up?

Cheers,
[signature]
The boat more folds than roll. The handles, the heavy spot under the seat (a skid plate for standing) and the D rings make it tough to roll, but it folds to about 24" X24" Frame is 3 piece and assembles easy.. Two straps per side and stick it in the oar holder. Even if you don't secure it tight, it isn't going anywhere. I will be using it again this weekend. Boat of choice for me now.
[signature]