Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats up north?
Hey everyone,
I recently moved to Tremonton and am not familiar with the fishing opportunities this far north. Any info on different locations and what species the waters have would be greatly appreciated.
Also does anyone have any info on cutler? I haven't seen it on the DNR website for a while now. Is that reservoir closed to fishing right now?
[signature]
I just saw the report Skunkedagain posted on cutler. Its nice to know that I can still fish it. Does anyone know why its not listed on the DNR website? Also I went to check it out the other day and the gate to the dam was locked. Does anyone know why and when it may reopen?
[signature]
Mantua isnt too far from Tremonton
[signature]
Cutler is owned by Rocky Mountain power or pacificorp. You will find info on their website.
[signature]
Thanks guys I appreciate the info
[signature]
Hey good to have you up north.... Cutler at the dam is a strange place to fish, they keep things locked up since the terrorist thing kicked up years ago... Coyote Spinner can probably tell you best about that area he fishes it fairly often... I like Cutler upstream to the river sections, but that's probably mostly because it's close to home so I fish it there more often... Cutler has Carp, catfish (mudcats and channels), crappie, bluegill, green sunfish, large and small mouth bass, walleye and lots of other species in smaller numbers... perch, trout, whitefish, suckers, crayfish and who knows what else... But cats are the main claim to fame, they aren't doing as good this year, but most years we catch the biggest fish in the state out of there... This year Utah Lake guys are schooling us... If you're looking for trout, Hyrum, Mantua, Bear lake, Porcupine or over the border to Idaho... Good bass in Hyrum, Mantua a few in Cutler and Idaho ponds have some nice bass as well... Got to remember Willard Bay for the walleye and wiper and cats... Lots to do close to you... Let us know what you want to try... Later J
[signature]
I am definitely going to have to try cutler. there's nothing better than hooking up with a big ol' cat! But what I'm most excited for is seeing what the north has to offer through the ice. I know its still a few months away but I'm excited. Since last year was such a short ice season I'm ready for the hard deck to come back
[signature]
Ice comes on one at a time up here, start with Mantua for a week, then move to Hyrum and then Porcupine and on good years Bear Lake will follow. Cutler is a waste of time through the ice it's too shallow and fish mostly shutdown. But it usually seems like the ice is gone before my desire to fish it. Good luck. J
[signature]
[quote zburninator]I am definitely going to have to try cutler. there's nothing better than hooking up with a big ol' cat! But what I'm most excited for is seeing what the north has to offer through the ice. I know its still a few months away but I'm excited. Since last year was such a short ice season I'm ready for the hard deck to come back[/quote]

Welcome to the north zburninator
I also moved up here recently. Did get a chance to hit the hard deck at Mantua last year caught a lot of nice perch. but the ice was slow in coming and didnt seem to last long. hope it a little longer season this year.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Used to live in Logan when going to school. I will say that the nice thing is there are lakes and streams for most anything game fish wise. I was always partial to Newton reservoir myself for the perch and Musky fishing, but that is just the tip of the iceberg in my opinion.
[signature]