Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small lakes or rivers in CO along 70 or 25 to fish by un-powered inflatable?
Hi.

I am doing an epic roadie that goes from Denver to SE Utah to Grand Canyon possibly to Vegas (big maybe) through Arizona to New Mexico and back to Denver. With me will be an 11' inflatable in the trunk. Won't bring motor and battery as that's too heavy.

I come from very far away so I have no idea how the fishing is. I typically fish for bass and pike but I'm pretty open to anything (though I don't fly fish) as fishing is not the main objective of this trip. The fiance will be joining me and is willing to spend 3 hours on a boat. So no spending an entire day on the water like I am prone to doing back home.

As we are improvising so much of this trip, I have no idea where I will be staying or which areas I can stop by and fish. But, I would love to have some ideas in case I do have some time to spend in the area.

Are there any small/calm lakes and rivers you can point me to along the 70 or 25? And what species I can expect?

Please PM me if that is better.

I am taking this route and don't want to deviate too much from it as it's already a lot of driving:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Denver,+C...392358!3e0

Thanks.
[signature]
Down by Grand Junction there are lots of places:

Colorado River
Colorado River state park (three areas) in Clifton is corn lake
Also there is a section in fruita. The Colorado has bass, catfish and many other species.
West of fruita there is another state park with two lakes. Mack Mesa and highline. These have bass, trout, and crappie.
The grand Mesa is full of lakes with trout in them.
There are many other places. If you stop at the visitor center just off horizon dr in grand junction they have a brochure showing all the paces to fish in the grand valley.

Have a fun trip![cool]
[signature]
So how was your trip? Get any fishing in?
[signature]