Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best time to fish
I' ve always been a believer in the earlier the better. But the past few times I've gone out I've had better success in midmorning hours, between 9 and 11, than during the earlier hours, and then again between 1 and 3.
I'm wondering what others think of this?
[signature]
Summer - earlier
Winter -later
[signature]
When the hatch is on. That varies by the season and the daily weather. Now, its mid-day, and sometimes late afternoon. That's the general winter pattern--let the sun shine a while, take your time. Come spring, mid-afternoon is when you'll see the most BWO's.
[signature]
If you're good, any time of day Wink Kidding. I generally fish afternoons, I feel that's when I can catch more fish on dries...
[signature]
Depends on what you are using. Top water (dry flies) need to warm up in order to hatch. Drifting the Green A section you'll always want to wait. Since that first couple miles after the damn are the best, you wait for the hatch. Then you can hit it. Even in the summer they don't like to get out before 8am on the Green. If you are nymphing it really doesn't matter. They eat those all day. Just match the hatch and you're golden.
[signature]