Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DECEMBER FISHING REPORT CONTEST
For the next 3 weeks in December we will be having 3-one week long contests. Each week there will be 2 winners and they will receive a Free t-shirt for the best, most informative, most interesting fishing report. Contest 1 will run Friday Dec. 4, 2105 to Thursday Dec. 10th, 2015. Contest 2 will run Friday Dec. 11th to Thursday Dec. 17th, 2015. Contest 3 will run Friday Dec. 18th to Dec. 24th, 2015. Can’t wait to read all the reports! Happy Fishing! Good luck to all!
[signature]
Contest #1

From what I hear this year we had the strongest El Niño on record!
Typically i like to get out and do some rain fishing especially during November. But this Nov not get around to it..crazy enough,still raining in December! I headed out during extreme flooding to the golf course lake.

When i got there carp were enjoying the high water munching on the fresh grass. Not fishing for them though as my target specie was the largy and Peacock bass. I was throwing a micro lure "modified" by removing the tounge of the lure and had on size 8 circle hooks. It's a Rebel 1 3/4" minnow in Gold, surprisingly enough i had a carp slurp the lure a bit but not enough to set the hook,but pretty funny.[laugh]

The fishing was from shoar using my hands free umbrella set up which works out well as long as there is little wind or lightning,which there was none of. The fishing was good,first fish was a largemouth then caught i believe 4 peacock bass,missed one on a flying leap attack which was cool,then missed the lure again on another cast.
Lots of turtles were out even caught a mud turtle[Wink]

Best part of all i got to make a nice rain fishing video hope you all enjoy https://youtu.be/PDP31zU83Gc
official date 16:55 in the video Dec.5th. Streets and Lakes flooded check it out
south Florida December monsoon

P.S. can a mod please embed the video thanks!
[signature]