Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
introduction, season review
Hi all--

I joined the forum a while ago, and I thought I would take a minute to write a first post.

Mostly I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for posting really helpful information and updates. I just finished my first complete season fishing in Utah. I moved here from Massachusetts, although I grew up in Arizona. My family is from Idaho. I've fished in all of those places, but I'm just learning about the opportunities around here. This is a great forum with a lot of useful information for someone getting started. So far I have not contributed anything in return, but this coming season I aim to change that.

In the last year, I've fished all of the sections of the lower Provo, Utah Lake for white bass, as well as Deer Creek and some of the smaller ponds. Strawberry Reservoir has been fun to explore (the cutthroat pictured is from there). I've also made trips to the North Slope of the Uintas (pictured), and to Southwestern Wyoming and the Wyoming Range.

My best fishing day of the year was during the callibaetis hatch on Boulder Mountain last June.

I'm sorry this post does not contain any current report. As an Arizonan, I respect all of you ice fisherman, but for me it's fly tying season till spring.

Thanks again, and good luck!
[signature]
Sometimes getting that first post made is the hard part. Even though you are not new to BFT, I'd like to welcome you to the posting part of the site. Looking forward to reading many more of your post in the future. We have had lots of Fly flinger converted to ice fishing when they get cabin fever and are ready for some excitement so maybe one day, you will change your mind[Wink]. Nice pics, thanks for sharing them with us.
WH2
[signature]
Welcome to the site - looking forward to your future posts. There are many here that spend their winters prepping for the soft water season.
Nice to have you!
[signature]
Welcome! This forum is hands down THE best fishing community on the internet. (Yes I can claim that!)

Tons of people on here who are not afraid to share reports and tactics... Other lurkers should come on board too!
[signature]
Welcome, thanks for posting.

Jim
[signature]
[quote jjannie]Welcome to the site - looking forward to your future posts. There are many here that spend their winters prepping for the soft water season.[/quote]

I don't get out ice fishing much any more myself. So I start thinking and working on my gear for softwater action which starts is match for me. Bring it on!
[signature]