Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One More on Strawberry
Fished Strawberry on Saturday. Took two of my Grandsons out. It was the slowest day of fishing I've had this year (I've been out about 7 times) on Strawberry. We were on the ice about 7:30 and went out by the Narrows. The slush was pretty much frozen over in the morning so had no trouble getting out there. I was driving a snowmobile and I'm glad I was because by 2:00 when we left the slush was coming back in the center parts of the lake and even closer in. I would be really hesitant to take a ATV out this week as it's supposed to to be warming up out there this whole week. Ice is still 15 to 18 inches thick but there are spots where the slush is 6 to 8 inches. Only caught 6 fish, one rainbow and 5 cuts all day in a spot I have been catching 25 to 35 fish before noon. 5 of those were in the morning before 9:00. After 9:00 it really died, marked a fish on the finder about every half hour or so and most of those were not takers. Hope that this weekend was not a sign of things to come out there both with the slow fishing and the slush.
[signature]
Wow, the Narrows is a long way to go, where did you get on the ice at? Just wondering if you came over from the Strawberry or Soldier creek side. Too bad the catching was so slow, hope your next trip is better.
[signature]
Started at the marina, out towards Haws, then across to the South entrance to the Narrows. I can't complain, I've had a pretty good ice season up until then.
[signature]
Oops! I meant the North entrance to the Narrows.....
[signature]
I was fishing just south of the narrows entrance and had a similar experience. We were on the ice at about 7:30 and the ride over wasn't bad. We did hit some slush pockets in the middle of Renegade Bay. I was really surprised how slow the bite was. We had fish consistently biting until about 9:00 am and then it was maybe a fish or two every 15 to 20 minutes. Fished the same spot 2 weeks ago and could keep them off the hooks. I did manage this nice rainbow which put a Smile on my face.

Oak Lane Outfitter[Smile]
[signature]