Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantsville
It's a late post, but I've been quite busy. As posted before, I was planning on making my first trip ice fishing on Strawberry in years, and my first trip with my little girl. With the storm report, everyone recommended not making the trip up there. I had to at least try something, so we headed to Grantsville. There was quite a bit of water coming in the inlet, and the edges were soft. There were fish jumping in the open water at the inlet, but we didn't have any open water gear. I tried to pitch out there for a little while, but the ice gear just wasn't working.
I finally ventured around the edges and found a spot I could get past the soft edge without getting too wet. Once I got out there, the ice was probably 10" thick.
We spent the day fishing and only had 2-3 very light bump and run hits. Just enough to see the line move a bit in the water.
The fishfinder wasn't working to see if we were at the right depth, either. We spent the day there until around 4:00pm then decided to call it. No fish, and I didn't see anyone else out there getting anything. To top it all off, I lost my favorite pocket knife there, too. I think it was probably somewhere in the snow around the inlet, so if anyone finds a black Smith and Wesson knife there I would love to have it back.

Overall quite a fishing trip as I was REALLY looking forward to finally getting out again and showing my girl how much fun it can be.....
[signature]
Thanks for the report
[signature]