Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Koke Report
Made it up to the Berry to check on a couple things for the upcoming DAV event. I fished Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm. Landed 14 kokes from 25 to 42 feet on multiple rigs. Green seemed to be the hot color for the day which is strange as I'd never done really well on green in the past. But green out fished orange and pink about 5:1.

I fished the Soldier creek side and was by myself so didn't get any pictures. Ended up keeping 3 fish that were hooked in the gills. All others released boat side. No cuts or rainbows. Most of them looked to be hanging in the 45 foot range on the sonar.

All fish were still bright chrome, average size was 15 - 16" with about 1/3 being 17.5 to 18". Fishing on the Main lake side is still doing good also based on reports from others as well as Adam Eakle's show over the weekend. In my opinion this has been one of the best kokanee years at Strawberry in the last few and expect to have great fishing for our event.....

Hoping to recruit some non-BFT boaters that are slipped at the Soldier creek marina to help us out. I also confirmed that the Hand in Hand Outdoors boat, Freedom's Dream will be helping us again this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone up there again this year. We'll need all the help we can get. Thank you all for your support!!!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Thanks for the update. We never had a bite on green on sunday but all fish we caught were at 45'.
[signature]
It seems like this time of year they can get really finicky with what they want changing from day to day and hour to hour. Not sure if maybe they all revert to the fairer sex at this time of year, but maybe?
[signature]
Sunrise on the water