Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Groundfish Research in Gulf of Maine: Your help is needed
Hello all,
This is just a friendly reminder to complete the survey described in an earlier post below. We are trying to maximize our numbers before August 1st. This survey aims to voice the perceptions, knowledge, and experiences of recreational anglers in the Gulf of Maine in order to integrate this dynamic into the scientific dynamic of the groundfish stocks. Thank you for your time and participation, please continue spreading the word. The original post is below.
-NaomI

<Dear Anglers,

As part of my research as an undergraduate intern at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's School for Marine Science and Technology (SMAST), I'm conducting a survey that aims to learn more about the experiences, behavior, and perceptions of recreational anglers targeting groundfish in the Gulf of Maine. We are conducting this research to broaden the scope of current discard mortality projects for cod, haddock, and cusk. The results from the survey will also be useful for informing fishery managers of the dynamics of the recreational groundfish fishery. Findings from my summer project will also be integrated into future projects to study the socioeconomics of recreational fisheries, which has not previously been thoroughly investigated in the Gulf of Maine

By August 1st, Please click on the link below to participate in the online survey. Ten lucky participants will be awarded $25 dollar Visa gift cards following random selection via a lottery. Thanks for your time, feel free to contact me with any questions!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GOMgroundfish

Sincerely,
Naomi
njainarine@umassd.edu>
[signature]