Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Lesson on the Water....
Ever had this happen....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7CjN0wl7Gw
[signature]
Never trolling but put a high end rod on the but seat of my boat to take off my sweatshirt. A small boat wake was enough to launch the rod in the water like a missile. I flopped in after it and was able to get it. I say flop because it was the ugliest entry into the water ever. I was the hit of the morning. Thank goodness it was last July so warm water and plenty of sun.

The Sad thing is it's the second time it's happened. You would think I would learn.

HM
[signature]
No, but the deep diving lure is a good idea for retrieving the rod. I wonder if he thought fast and marked a GPS waypoint?

I have an underwater video camera, so I might as well add a snagging hook and a powerful magnet to make a retrieve kit. I know exactly where one of my favorite lures is snagged underwater. It should be still there, so one day I'll put it on camera and retrieve it.
[signature]
Yup - this year at Strawberry! During the pandemonium of kokanee fishing. I had 3 rods go off at once & I was dropping the forth into the rod holder after resetting when it got hit & was ripped overboard. $300 rod & reel laying on the bottom somewhere.

I have spent at least 4 to 5 hours over the summer dragging the bottom (56 FOW) with no success. I am going to have to write this one off.
[signature]