Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another mantua report
I burned out of work early to try a late afternoon bite at Mantua. Picked a spot I'm pretty familiar with working gills, that's what love to target through the ice. Punched about 10 holes then got to work. The first few holes I tried had some weeds but I could see fish coming to take a look at my jog but no bites. I kept marking fish on my flasher but had a rough go of it for the first 30 minutes. Only a baby bass to keep the skunk away. Then I changed from a horizontal jig to a vertical jig (VMC waxy) with some meat on the hook and a soft plastic to attract. I worked some really nice bluegill which were holding in some open areas. Then before dark I tried the weeds again a pulled a few decent perch out. All released to swim one more night.
[signature]
Nice report! What a great picture! That's one that qualifies for the wall. You might consider sending it in for the "picture of the week" on Adam Eakles show. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Nice job they are some good ones. Love the sunset shot as well. Glad you made it out again. Was the ice showing any hurt from the warm today? Hope not. Later J
[signature]
Thanks! I think I will submit that picture.
[signature]
Did not have any issues with the ice. The edges weren't bad and no slush.
[signature]
Your last pic with the sunset is amazing! Thanks for your post
[signature]
What a great night to be on the ice!
[signature]