Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Distance Breakaway Cannon Shrimp Casting Info!
Many Viewers Have Asked Me For A In-Depth Presentation So Here It Is.
Shrimp, Ika (Squid), Crab, Fish or any bait can be power casted much farther then simply "easy cast" a standard bait rig. Just remember to combine all or some of these ideas to cast farther then you do now.
1) Select a reel that can allow long distance casting. The Shimano Ultegra is my current first choice. There is also the Abu Garcia CT Mag Series & the Blue Yonder 6500/7000, Avet MC Drag Series, Penn 525 Mag, Akios Tourno & the Daiwa Millionaire Mag. Most European anglers swear by the Century rods which are World re-known for long distance casting as well.
2) Making the baits streamlined. So far my bait bags made from Pro Med medical finger elastic netting has worked extremely well. Many anglers Worldwide have communicated with me that it has helped their game as well. I've tried tying the baits to the hook using either dental floss and/or Miracle Thread but i find the bait bags are the better choice. I now combine Filipino fish sauce (Patis) at the suggestion of my fishing buddy Wayne Choy with my normal oyster sauce in a plastic bag & soak the ready made bait bag before i cast it with positive results.
3) Lastly in 2 words-Breakaway Cannons. I now cast up to 30% further then before using fixed spool (spinners) reels filled with braid. Why braid? The thinner diameter means less air friction & less gravity pull over monofilament line. This creates longer casting distance with baits & lures. The downside is braid can fray easier then mono from external cuts & it can't stretch like mono. When it comes to Breakaway Cannons i can't endorse this product enough.
Hopefully making this video will answer questions generated from my previous video. I'm sharing a lot of useful information here. If it helps your game then it was well worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rlN5QA3xV8
[signature]