Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first Cat fish
Went to Lincoln Beach yesterday, and caught my first Cat fish. 27" and weighed 8 1/2 lbs. I was so excited, as that's the biggest fish i've ever caught. Richard also caught 2 others. It was a beautiful day, and fishing was a little slow, but we brought home dinner. YUMMM.
[signature]
Well done! Very nice lookin' cat. There are bigger ones out there so keep showing hubby how it's done!

Continued good luck to you both.

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]Very nice. A great starter fish. Now if you can just keep progressing onward and upward.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Look forward to meeting you at the get-together.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Congrats on your first cat fish and biggest fish to date.
[signature]
Nice job!!! Way to start with a monster, I’ll bet that was fun!!! Congrats J
[signature]
Nice Start .As Lynn said, They do get bigger.
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Just a word of warning Cats will get into your blood, and out fishing your husband will lock lock in as a habit - enjoy the journey

30 some odd years ago my bride caught her first CAT from Utah Lake and has been out fishing me ever since (old photo attached) they have been very good years
[signature]
MrsJ, Those are some fine looking Cats. As others have said, there are bigger ones out there. I think all of us fellas can testify that our better half's are also better fish catchers. I haven't landed a decent Cat yet this year, but the wife has a nice one on the contest board.

I have caught several Carp that have become cut bait. [:/]

Say a big hello to Richard for me. Hope to see you both at the Flotilla next month.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I've been fishing all my life, but for Rainbow trout. At Strawberry, Fish Lake, and Ottercreek. Since Richard and I got Married in December, I have out fished him ice fishing for the first time, 4 to nothing, and on Friday he got 2 nice cats, a 5 pounder and a smaller one. I was very surprised to catch that big Cat fish. We will keep trying to get bigger ones. He's always been the fishing pro, and is teaching me a lot. We're having a blast together.
[signature]