Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some flaming gorge advice.!!
I am planning on camping up at flaming gorge thurs or friday through monday night and was wondering if anyone has some advice on good camping places. We will probably be launching out of Lucerne or buckboard. I was also wondering if anyone has some mack advice for up there. I will probably be mainly targeting the kokes, but may try for some macks as well. Anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated,
jed
[signature]
anyone?
[signature]
did you want to camp in a campground or just a primitive spot?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Campgrounds - Lucerene Valley Marina right next to the ramp. Not much for amenities but right at the ramp. We'll be up at the KOA in Manilia. Hot showers, full hook ups for RV's. They also have cabins for rent that will fit a family and reasonably priced.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Primitive camps - Try swim beach. It has portable hooters and I believe it's free. Just before you go into the marina you'll see a left hand turn that will take you there on a dirt road. You can also camp up in Anvil. There is a ramp there. You also might consider Sheep Creek. Lots of folks camp there next to the ramp in the big parking lot.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]As far a fishing for macks, head for the archive area and browse thru the reports there. You should find plenty of info.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
either or, I am not too picky,
jed
[signature]
do you happen to know the rates at the KOA or the cabins? (just in case the weather gets bad or if my wife wants to). How long are you guys going to be there? We are planning on being there fri. through monday night. Oh I was going to ask what station it was that most of the BFT guys have decided to use for the two way radios?
jed
[signature]
theres also a dirt road that goes down to the shore of linwood bay. (turn right off of the lucerne road before you get to the cattle guard) that isnt too bad of a spot to stay. it has a big gravel parking lot and is close to the water.
[signature]
I will be staying at Hideout Campground not too bad for $18 a night.
Swim Beach isn't free anymore i think it's about $9 a night. I'll be there in the morning, hope to see you on the lake.
[signature]
Let me know how Hideout is I will be there the last half of June. Is it still a long hike to the campground?
[signature]
The entire lake is open camping (minus the marinas) but if your camping away from the suppied crappers you need to have a portable crapper with you inorder to camp. And as a reminder, there is a $2.00 day use fee for the national park.. Good luck. Kick it and,,
[signature]