Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murdock Basin
Excellent retort. lol[Wink] All legal fishing methods are equally effective and appropriate. Just because a person uses artificials only, it doesn't make them any better that a person who uses bait. It's just a different technique. Why is different always necessarily inferior? We need to transcend and deconstruct judgemental attitudes and just have fun enjoying fishing in our own personal ways without bashing other people's methods or tactics. It's perfectly okay to have personal preferences for techniques but it's not okay to condemn other's personal techniques as immoral or inferior. Let's just respect other's different methods and focus on what we have in common.......that we all enjoy fishing.
[signature]
+1

Follow the rules
Pick up your trash
Do not waste wildlife
[signature]
You guys are crazy, and thanks for the English lesson Tubedud![crazy] So it sounds like I just need to find the stream that flows into Echo and more or less follow it up to Joan. I think I can do that. I am headed out this evening, so I can get up in the morning and hit it. Thanks again everyone for the info. I will report when I return.
[signature]
[reply]
Power Bait is cheating, or for people that cant catch fish[Tongue] [/reply]
My thoughts exactly!
[signature]
I will second that, but I think p4l and hkj are kidding around with each other. later chuck
[signature]
There is a trail from Echo to Joan that is a little easier than following the stream. It takes off right where the road ends at Echo.
[signature]
Yes chuck we where kidding around with each other, hjb and flycasting have asked me to fish rivers before and i keep telling them im a boat guy i have to be on the water.. notice in our posts we use the smilie faces[Tongue]
[signature]
[Tongue]
[signature]
Well I made it back. I drove in Friday night, and camped right near the road that forks up to Echo. That road is still a bastige to drive (very rocky). However, I think the difficult access helps keep the number of visitors down.

Brookieguy1, you couldn't have been more dead on about the maribou jigs. I've never used them before, and it was a blast. I should have bought more of them, because I fished them until they came unraveled. I didn't catch anything over 12 inches, but man I caught a lot of brookies.

There was a stream that literally ran right through my camp, so when I wasn't at one of the lakes I just walked up this little stream and slayed 'em. Whoever said that Brook Trout are ambush artists was also dead on. I would just drop the jig in a little pool and bouce it around a couple times, and those fish would come out from under their cover and nail it! I missed a ton of them though. It's kinda hard to set a hook on a five inch fish in a foot of water. What a good time though.

Thanks again everyone for the tips. Hopefully I can return the favor some day. I have some pics. What is the best way to post them?

BTW, in case anyone cares, all fish were released to play another day![cool]
[signature]