Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning Tragedy
[size 1]Two adults were killed and their three children injured by lightning that struck a mountain campground where the family sought shelter under trees. [/size]

[size 1]The family took cover under trees Saturday near the shore of Crystal Lake, about 60 miles east of Salt Lake City in the 12,000-foot Uinta mountain range. [/size]

[url "http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=718&e=10&u=/ap/20030720/ap_on_re_us/lightning_deaths"]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=718&e=10&u=/ap/20030720/ap_on_re_us/lightning_deaths[/url]
[signature]
That's truly a shame. Don't these people know that trying to hide under a tree is the worsst thing that you can do? It started thundering and lightening at the Berry Sat. I paddled in climbed in the bacck of my truck and put my lightening rod away until the storm passed.
[signature]
mom and dad were also sitting in metal lawn chairs i heard on nbc nightly national news . .

[pirate][Sad]

sm
[signature]
Metal chairs in a lightning storm??? Must of had the "It won't happen to me" attitude[Sad]
[signature]
I know I've heard reference to Crystal Lake before, but in my mind I can't place where it is.

My wife and I were camping above Mirror Lake at Moosehorn friday night, quite the light show. I understand it was even worse on Sat.
[signature]
It is Sad to see a tragety such as this and to top their story all of they left three children behind i just think that it is great that the brother have taken these kids in and are helping them get through their loss. It is Sad when it takes something as tragic as this to give a reminder for people and what to do if they find themselfs caulght in a lightning storm.
[signature]
Crystal Lake is located a few hundreds yards north of Washington Lake in the area of Trial Lake.
[signature]
And it is absolutely beautiful up there. A great place to take the family.
[signature]