Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pineview ice conditions
anyone out there know the ice conditions, and what depth the perch are at?
[signature]
All I have seen and read says they cant find them, and that because of the low water they are dispearsed thruout the lake. [Tongue]
[signature]
I am actually curious if anyone knew what depth they are at so I can target the muskie. I have noticed the perch have been absent the last year or so.My opinion is the last couple of years or so the lake has been low in the spring. When all the baby perch hatch they have no weeds and cover to hide in. Therefore they are eaten by all the other predators by the time they can grow and replenish the population lost to icefisherman,muskie,bass, and crappie. At least there are plenty of small bass and carp left in there to keep the muskie well fed.
[signature]
have not heard on the perch but the crappie are hanging around 26' depth.
[signature]
try off brownee point I lost one up at the hole the other day (musky) I cant tell how deep we didn't have a finder with us but I think it was about 30 feet or so. hooked it with a 3 oz jigging spoon in pink and silver color with a an hunk (1"X1") of ancov. that was the only bite that day. my buddy has pulled up 3 in the last 2 weeks but he wont say what part of the lake. but I think I know. they were all about 19" long maybe a year and half old ones. I'm going to try and hit it next week if you want to hook up. then maybe we can pick each others brains about musky.
[signature]
I have the next week off and am free anytime.Never tried for tigers through the ice.I recieved some lures in the mail I ordered today that I am very confident will work. I just have to locate the tigers. I know the lake very well and am going to try with out a fishfinder. wish me luck.when you talk of Brownee point which point exactly are you talking about?
[signature]
I was fishing on the north side of cemetary point last Sun. in 24 ft. of water and schools came by all the time at 12 ft. and just of the bottom. No idea what they were since nothing was bitting.
[signature]
when I'm up there after them from the ice I go lite so I can move more. as for the point it's the main point the one straight east of the port ramp.
[signature]
the crappie fishing has been quiet this year,Crappie are a suspending fish and tough to locate unless you have a finder, in the winter they like small jigs,1/80th and smaller. they lift when they bit also making them hard to detect a strike. crappie also look up for there food so you always want to fish above a school.

look for them in the narrows area were it opens to the main resevoir.
[signature]