Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick turn at FG for Macs
Decided to do a quick turn yesterday at Flaming Gorge weather was supposed to be good until 2pm. Launched at Lucerne and talked to the maintenance personnel and they said they are just about ready to start dropping the docks in. Un known when it will be complete. Macs are still not too productive did see a few 20lbs being brought in. Seem to mark more in anvil or in sheep creek then in Lucerne area.
[signature]
That's too bad about the macs, even on a good day I have a hard time catching them.
[signature]
A slow day fishing still beats the heck out of working. Unless you think fishing is work. What a great job to have...
[signature]
One of these days with your wisdom you will have to show me how to catch those Macs without trying. I have heard that you are a master at catching them, it only takes you a few minutes and you are usually hooked up with a decent fish. I agree fishing is better then work, but some times it takes more work to go fishing then to be at work.
[signature]
I was there monday and tuesday, marked lots of lakers but the big ones didn't want the jig. They'd come look and just disappear. Switched gears and found the mother load of Cutts and Bows. Good to be the only boat on the lake and wind actually held over ok.
[signature]
[quote WesternWalker]Decided to do a quick turn yesterday at Flaming Gorge weather was supposed to be good until 2pm. Launched at Lucerne and talked to the maintenance personnel and they said they are just about ready to start dropping the docks in. Un known when it will be complete. Macs are still not too productive did see a few 20lbs being brought in. Seem to mark more in anvil or in sheep creek then in Lucerne area.[/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday they were dropping the docks in

Friday the wind was bad hard to see if you was getting a bite, we stopped fishing at 10:30 AM but still did OK in the wind

some water temp if any one wants to know.
Lake Trout like temp 44 to 42 Deg
Kokanee like temp 52 deg.
this time of year they are where the food is

Species:
Probe Depth: 63.0 F
Probe Speed: 1.9 MPH
Probe Temp: 40.9 °F
Time: 8:13 AM
Lat: 41.00 Long: -109.58
Notes: April 6 water Temp. down 63' was 40.9 deg

Species:
Probe Depth: 11.0 F
Probe Speed: 2.2 MPH
Probe Temp: 41.6 °F
Time: 7:51 AM
Lat: 0.00 Long: 0.00
Notes: April 7 Water temp. down 11 feet was 41.6 deg.

Species:
Probe Depth: 25.0 F
Probe Speed: 2.3 MPH
Probe Temp: 41.6 °F
Time: 9:08 AM
Lat: 41.03 Long: -109.57
Notes: April 7 water temp down 25 feet was 41.9 deg.

Species:
Probe Depth: 0.0 F
Probe Speed: 1.3 MPH
Probe Temp: 41.9 °F
Time: 10:24 AM
Lat: 41.03 Long: -109.57
Notes: April 7 water temp on top was 41.9 deg
[signature]
I did a turn & burn on Wednesday. All that I talked to weren't having a good day at all like myself. There was a couple of guys who caught a couple out of swim beach area but had to work for them. I trolled out of Wildhorse more in the middle. Found schools of kokes and could see Macs laying below them in ambush. I ran one rod deep with heavy artillery and dragged several change ups through the kokes, couldn't even get lucky to snag on to something. I would have been happy for a mosquito bite. [crazy] [Image: beaten.gif]
[signature]
Sounds like most reports. I have been hearing that they are hot in sheep creek area. I have never really done good over there. I out a new camera on the line and might have figured out a problem with the speed and trolling. Hoping that the bite picks up, we seem to be slow this year. Thanks for the reports.
[signature]
If you bought the Water Wolf
make sure you add the timestamp

http://www.waterwolfhd.com/en/faq-support-en

1. Download this file.

2. Unzip it. timestamp download it to the camera

then write in a note what time and your MPH

I have two water wolf cameras and another one that I put on the down rigger ball that I can watch live on a laptop.

I change speeds a lot

if you use a kicker motor to troll with I think this is one of the best things you can buy to help you catch lakers are anything else
http://www.itroll.us/itroll.buy.html
HUNT mode: Runs speed sequences adds "action" to your baits that results in a better catch

http://www.itroll.us/itroll.hunt.html
When running in HUNT Mode, iTroll can make your baits change speed every MINUTE you are fishing - adding unmatched "action" that provokes more strikes. Simply put, HUNT mode catches fish
[signature]
Quote Liketrolling" "I have two water wolf cameras and another one that I put on the down rigger ball that I can watch live on a laptop. " Unquote

How do you watch it on real time when fishing;.
[signature]