Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon yesterday
Was checking lake levels and saw East Canyon was at 99% per the State Park site.

The great water year we have had so far really makes me happy! Lake Powell, one of my favorites, is coming up fast and really needed a good water year. Although much of the snowpack for the Upper Colorado is in the neighboring states, the weather pattern that has boosted Utah snowpack, travels directly into the surrounding states that provide water into the drainage.

Our local snowpack should put all the reservoir water levels at or near full pool this year. I look forward to fishing the brush and other cover that the high water levels will rise to this year from my tube.

Drove to East Canyon, Henefer arm, and sure enough the water is up in the brush and trees, and has another few feet to go for full pool. fished a little and only caught a couple of trout. No smallmouth, crappie, or wipers were active. But a little warm weather and I'll be back.

Deer Creek is above 95% full now. Jordanelle is only 76%. I like to fish the cover by the Island and the Wallsburg arm at Deer creek. Jordanelle Rockcliff arm is also good when the water level is back up to the boat launch.

Looking forward to some great fishing from the Tube this year!
[signature]
It really is nice to see all that water.

How was the water clarity at East Canyon? Is it chocolate milk, or only a little stained?
[signature]
It was clear where I was at the second parking strip on the East side of the arm.
[signature]