Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo lunker alert
Woke up at 7am to go to echo with my wife this morning. By the time I got my lazy ass out of bed and made breakfast we made the 15 minute drive to the lake only to find a thousand people there doing a triathlon. There were only a handful of boats out on the water so we fought through the crowds ran over a couple bikes and marathoners and made it out in the water by 9:30. Cruised over to the west side of the lake and rigged up some sort or fly I’ve never used and a few sinkers with a 1” tip of worm and some shrimp scent. We threw down the anchor and I just jigged my rig getting some little perch nibbles while the rain set in. I think my wife had just dozed off when I got a nice little bite that at first seemed like it was going to be a good perch but only a few reels in it began to feel like I was pulling up a cinder block off the bottom of the lake! She put up quite the fight and what surfaced was a beautiful 24” 4.11 pound Brown trout, my PB out of echo and possibly my PB Brown trout!! Got some good pics and let her swim away! I stayed in the same spot and pulled up a 3” perch followed by a 6-7” smallie and after throwing out the rap aka got a nice rainbow in the boat. Ended up being a damn nice day for a fella!
[signature]
Nice mixed bag of goodies. Good job with the brown
[signature]
Yeah it was a nice cycle on the day!! Pretty fish one of these days I’m going to get one hanging on the wall!!
[signature]