Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry >C.J. Report<
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00][angelic] Yes im green with envy, and perhaps hope back in my mind about the berry, I have had very bad luck in the past with this area for fishing, HOWEVER > a friend of mind just returned and here is C.J.s Report.<[/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00]After putting the boat in at the main dock (were the center is, and store) we headed south towards the big hill on the other side, with crome and silver pop gear, we were droping about 12-15 feet down (no down rigger) with just a worm on the end of a hook, (no other gear) we had about 8-10 feet of leader line between the pop gear and the worm at about 09:00am the fish were coming alive, as soon as one hit we were taking it off and anouther hit the other poll, we landed 32 fish before noon, some we had to put back becouse of the size, all we did was travel back and forth between the main dock and the south end At a trolling speed of 2.0-2.5, the fish finder was just a massive blobe of fish, we had are limit by noon.[/#00bf00][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#00bf00]The Coach asked C.J. what kind of fish and she quotes " trout, cuts, and rain bows" So there you go The berry sounds good if your into trout.....CHOW[/#00bf00][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like they had a great time!

I stole away for a few hours on Saturday evening...I was on the Soldier Creek side by the turnoff toward the dam and did wonderful. I was shore fishing, using Chartruse power bait. From about 4pm to 5pm, the bait never hit the bottom because the fish were gobbling it as soon as it hit the water. I caught a mix of Rainbows and Cuts (with a 25 incher).

It was quite cold, though...but it really got me into the mood for ice fishing! I can't wait!
[signature]