Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Bowns Reservoir...
Anyone camped/fished out there this year? I have heard good things about the place.

All the reserve sites are already spoken for but I saw there are first come first serve sites, what are the chances of getting one of those if I head out there on a thursday?

Thanks.
[signature]
We generally camp on Pleasant Creek, that is the dirt road down to the lake. There are some real nice spots on the left going down, but they might be muddy right now. Of course it's "primitive" camping, no water or facilities.

Lower Bowns can be hot or cold. I've had great success, and I've been skunked. It's perfect for a tube or toon.
[signature]
There's tons of places to camp. You won't have a problem. Dry fly fishing can be awesome in the evenings.
[signature]
Was going to say the same thing rodneyh said. The dry fly fishing at night is super fast action and SO MUCH FUN! You won't catch any monsters, but you'll catch a fish on almost every cast.

There are PLENTY of places to camp along the road to Lower Bowns as well as other spots just off of the main road. Good luck! And HAVE FUN!
[signature]
I believe they have closed a lot of the camp sites along the road down to lower bowns res. I was there last fall, and the ones that are along the creek were closed. there is still plenty of camping around that area though.
[signature]
There are quite a few other campgrounds along the highway before the road down to the lake, but I'll bet you can find a suitable site on the way down. I've always found the rainbows there willing.
[signature]