Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation 7/14-7/15
Decided to head to Starvation for a fishing/camping trip with my Dad and Bro. We got there Thursday around 5:30pm. Fished that night in Bunny Gulch. Managed to catch a good bow and lots of dinkster perch. We stayed out and jigged and trolled until midnigthish without much luck. Was hoping for some walley or trout. This was one of my first time night fishing so I really wasn't sure what I was doing, but know I know a few things that didn't work.

Friday got fishing right about 6ish. My buddy Fishingaddict met us there in the morning. We all fished until 2 and then called it a day. We ended up catching many dinkster perch, quite a few smallies and Starvation Steelhead, four walleyes and a half dozen of the bigger perch. I think the biggest was about 12.5 inches. All fish were caught with jigs tipped with either worms or perch meat in 15-25 feet of water.

Thank you to those of you that gave me the pointers on the walleye. Although I didn't catch any my Bro and Fishingaddict did. I guess I'll just have to go back and try again darn it.[Wink]

It was a great day even though I didn't catch a walleye or as many of the jumbo perch as I would have liked. I was very happy that a few of the jumbos are starting to show up.
[signature]
I also have problems with the night fishing but it never seems to stop me from going tho. Glad to hear you did catch a few fish.
[signature]