Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where oh where have the fishy fish gone ??
Ok guys,

I have a confession to make. I have not yet purchased my fishing license for the year!! My old one expired in June sometime and that means I haven't been fishing since then. WO UNTO ME !!! I did do some fishing in Star Valley, Wyoming with my brothers for 3 days and had a great time (but that was Wyoming).

So, I took a look at the forum today and am having a bit of trouble.. I have been fishing over to Strawberry over the years, but I am not seeing much in the way of positive comments about it. What has happened to Strawberry? Is the fishing lousy this year, or are people just keeping their fish stories to themselves where Strawberry is concerned. A couple years ago, in November, I pulled in over 25 in less than 1/2 hour. I had 2 on at a time quite frequently. The other guy in the boat had the same thing going, so between us, we probably caught near 50. All 18+ inches. No keepers though. Is this happening this year anywhere? Is the lake dying? Or am I just being impatient?

If anybody has been to Strawberry recently, please let me know how it's doing. I seem to recall that it starts getting a bit better this time of year until it ices up, and then the Ice Fishing crews take over.

Also, what about Utah Lake this year? Anything good going on there? I live less than a mile from the Saratoga Springs marina and have a sticker so I can launch from there. I have an 18 foot aluminum boat with a 150hp motor (so it can go 35mpg). Anyway, anybody have any advice on Utah Lake near the North West corner this time of year?

Let me know where I should go. I've had about all the non-fishing days I can stand. It's time to renew the license and get busy. My boat has only been out 2 times this year, and those were just to make sure it worked, and to drive a few of my nieces and nephews around the lake.

I've really got to repent and mend my ways. I'll never make it to heaven with my dismal fishing performance this year.. Wo is me...
[signature]
Yes we are keeping quiet..
[signature]
Time for the silence to end !!! Throw me a bone here?? Is Strawberry waking up yet, or should I give it a few more weeks?
[signature]
Im giving the Berry a few more weeks. Deer Creek has been good for Bows and small bass. Utah Lake has been great for White Bass at the Inlets.
[signature]
I'd like an answer on that question as well actually...Headed up there this weekend with my little sis and would like to get into some cutts.

With or without tips however I'll end up there dragging purple leeches and jiggin a little salt n pepa tube
[signature]
Been the last three weeks and it gets better each time.
I had a nice 30" Sunday. Best fight I have ever had from a trout.
[signature]
"a nice 30" sunday"?
[signature]
I was there Sunday and hooked a 30" Trout.[Smile]
[signature]
And no pic.... Thats awesome tho[Smile]
[signature]
Video. But it did break off at boat, but I did get a good look and idea of measurement. I might be low or high an inch or two.
[signature]
I'm doing a Deer Creek run Friday evening and a Strawberry trip Saturday. I'll be glad to contrast and compare.
[signature]
" I have an 18 foot aluminum boat with a 150hp motor (so it can go 35mpg)." I'm trading in my 200hp if I can get 35 mpg out of a 150hp [Wink].
Strawberry cutts are upon us. I just hope it doesn't freeze over by the time my hunts are done. Big fish at the berry eat big baits, me likes it.
[signature]
ok ok.. MPH, not MPG... [:p]

Looks like my brain is one of those that can't turn on a blinker...

So you think it's time to start catching the cutts? When do you think the freeze will start?
[signature]
Ah yeah, but what about refraction? And how cold was the water? You know what they say - you've probably been told [font "Arial"][#000000][size 1]this [/size][/#000000][/font]is 6 inches?

Hope you know I'm thoroughly kidding (so what's new!)

Congrats. Using the Carp Wt rod for a beast like that? You know what TD sez, if it breaks off - it's up to the angler to say, and cain'ts nobody argue with their assessment!

I would expect we're not far from turnover time, and that should really turn on the troutses.
Bit dismayed checking the stocking report, and one of my local ponds was hammered with dinky 5" planters, and hoards of 'em. What a nuisance! Gonna be hard to get past those - though I'm sure they'll entertain the youngins.

I don't know about the Berry - but up north - we were 6 degrees off of freezing last night. Maybe we'll see an early ice-up this year! (BRING IT!!!)

I have no reason to lie.

But I do think each week it will get better and better. I do not use Temp gauge but I believe I heard water temp was in the 50's
[signature]
Last Saturday 9-8-12 water temp. was 62 deg., on the Soldier Creek side.
[signature]
Maybe they said 60's then. It wasn't real cold
[signature]
Most of my fishing has been out of this state, but I have hit the Berry 3 times for bass.. Not talking about the bass I caught but the slimmers was slow but should pick up by the first of Oct..
[signature]
I say we need a Strawberry day. I am thinking a weekend day. Boats, pontoons, tubes. Gear of choice.
I like Bryants Fork because it is one of the only FREE access that you can launch a small boat.
Get enough people out there at the same time comparing notes, everyone should prosper. [cool][Smile]
[signature]