Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction-..finally
First off I would like to thank all the active members of the BFT Forums for providing me with excitement online for the last 3 or 4 months the reports, pictures, and information has been critical in the development of my fishing knowledge here in Utah. Now for the introduction, My name is Christian I am 22 now and I grew up in Salt Lake City. I have been fishing my whole life but from the age of 14 till about last year my focus has always been the fly rod. That changed this year when I took a bass trip out to Jordenalle and realized how much I missed jigging haha. From that point on I focused my attention mainly on rockport, jordenalle, deer creek, and east canyon being the closest reservoirs near me (Park City.) I was very lucky to be able to fish as much as I did and had some very memorable local trips. I will try to edit and add some photo's on here when time allows. Can't wait for some solid ice and I plan to be on Rockport in the next couple days. Visited it last night and it looks completely capped over but very slushy and I am hoping the cold weather last night and today can tighten it up.
Thank you again for everyone who contributes to this awesome website I have appreciated it very much.

Christian
[signature]
Welcome! Bass fishing those lakes is a blast and is my family's favorite type of fishing also...

But don't be afraid to tie a popper on the end of the fly rod for some serious bassing fun during the summer!
[signature]
I've been known to throw a fly or two myself. The other half of me is all largemouth. Here in the Southern half of the state I have the best of both worlds. Sand hollow and Quail to get my bass fix and all the local lakes and streams to get my fly on.
I really love this time of the year fishing the ice..[fishon]
lots of great info here!
[signature]
Nice to digitally meet you Christian. I like to hit up the same reservoirs as well ... I've done ok with trout, perch and small bass at deer creek. Rockport is on and off during ice off .. .but I can usually reel in a few trout and bass there. Jordanelle has been a disappointing the past few years for me. How have you done there? Where have you found the most luck there. I typically just fish the cove to the north of the marina.

I have only had luck for trout at East canyon though just west of the boat launch ramp. Only had limited success fro tiny largies near the boat dock with small rooster tail spinners. Where at East Canyon have you had the most luck for Bass fishing ... and what do they like to bite?

Best of luck at Rockport as well ... Can't wait to hear back from you on how you do ... been wanting to get out ice fishing but damn this year has been to warm.
[signature]
Welcome to the addiction, they say it's bad for you but few want to quit... Later J
[signature]