Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey?
Does anyone know where there are so many dinks in Causey this year? It should make good food for any fish of size. I couldn't find many larger fish on the finder like years past. Has anyone caught or seen any larger fish out of there this year?

I feel like one of my old standby waters is not the same water anymore.
[signature]
I caught a big brown trout on Dec. 23. I was using a yellow ice fly tipped with a mealworm right on the bottom in 34' of water. It was a fat 22" that I released safely.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
That is good to hear. The browns I have caught out of there in the past have been very chunky. Did you get a picture of that brown?
[signature]
So that's it. One person. I saw more than 50 people on there Sat. There has to be someone else on the board that can tell me if it's just me or if all the fish in there seem to be dinks this year. I also haven't heard a report from Mantua. I have seen people there every morning on my way to work. If they weren't so far out I would walk out and ask them.
[signature]
Well I don't know why there are so many little fish there I have only fished it twice! Both times I caught lots of little fish, but catching fish is the fun part, big or little at least you don't get skunked.
[signature]