Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming gorge Ice or Boat?
Going to the George for two to three days and am wondering if it's better to go to anvil or any other boat ramp that I can launch from and use a boat or head north to go out on ice?
I'm searching for the big ones not necessarily for lake trout pups. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
This is what the Lucerne Valley Marina looks like I would take a lot of salt to put down on the ramp, and a shovel. maybe chains. you can catch the big lakers this time of year, I like to troll on the bottom for them.
your fish finder will show you where they are at.

http://www.flaminggorgewebcams.com/webca...rnemarina1
[signature]
Does anyone know if Anvil has ice? Or is it still open water?
[signature]
The last that I had heard from a friend was that the ice wasn't even down to Buckboard yet. But the was a few days ago.

Hopefully this cold snap next week will firm thing up some.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Lucerne Bay photograph about twenty minutes ago.

Any lure recommendations for cast and retrieve from shore?
[signature]
Anvil was open today. Ice is just past the Confluence, but patchy ice is forming all the way down to Big Bend.
[signature]
It's looking like I will have to dust the snow off the boat cover and leave the ice hut at home. Thanks for the replies.
[signature]
You can launch at brennagers (spelling?) Anvil or Lucerne. I fished it yesterday Big bend had quite a few fish and anvil point had some hanging around but In think there are more fish in Linwood and Antelope Flat. I haven't heard much good about lakers and ice yet. Good luck
[signature]