Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Fall Fishing
Are the cuts in binge mode yet? With the cool temps I am wondering if the lake has rolled yet. Was hoping to head up Saturday, but it might be rainy.
[signature]
Fish feed all the time, and turn-over happens when the top ten feet or more is 20 deg. or more below the temp of the water on the bottom..

Most of the flotes you see this time of year is dead or diying alge from lack of sun light..
The real turn-over will not take place till Nov..And not all lakes will turn..
[signature]
[quote bassrods]Fish feed all the time, and turn-over happens when the top ten feet or more is 20 deg. or more below the temp of the water on the bottom..

Most of the flotes you see this time of year is dead or diying alge from lack of sun light..
The real turn-over will not take place till Nov..And not all lakes will turn..[/quote]

Sure. But that doesn't answer the question!

Two years ago things were hopping in mid-September. Last year the bite didn't get hot until mid-October. Just curious if anyone has been up there lately.

It is interesting how the hot spots vary from one fall to the next. Two years ago we had a place in the narrows that was always money. Last year it never produced, but there were plenty of great locations in Renegade.

I love fall fishing.
[signature]
Had a friend that caught fish last weekend, did fairly well... Most were slot cutts but I think they got a couple bows... and a few pushed the upper limit of the slot... Don't know what they were using but Renegade was the area... I think they said they seen Bob up there, so maybe he just isn't saying what he found... Good luck... J
[signature]
If you use the right bait or lure fishing is great..
But in the fall the bait (fish or worms or Cray fish) and water temps all come together at a depth we hit and fishing is great..
Find the depth and lure or bait, it is not always the same or same place..Good fisherman find that place...[crazy]

Look for fish feeding and try tubes on 1/8 to 3/16 on light line and let it fall to the bottom on a semi tight line..Color you work out depth is 20' or so..A good day 30 to 40 fish..
[signature]
[quote bassrods]If you use the right bait or lure fishing is great..
But in the fall the bait (fish or worms or Cray fish) and water temps all come together at a depth we hit and fishing is great..
Find the depth and lure or bait, it is not always the same or same place..Good fisherman find that place...[crazy]

Look for fish feeding and try tubes on 1/8 to 3/16 on light line and let it fall to the bottom on a semi tight line..Color you work out depth is 20' or so..A good day 30 to 40 fish..[/quote]

White tube jig tipped with about 1" of crawler is my favorite rig. Very slow retrieve with an occasional twitch. A good day is 100 fish. [cool]
[signature]
Fall at Strawberry is fishing heaven! We go every year...white tubs with a little chub meat, money! We seem to have the most success with an immediate, steady retrieve...but let the fish tell you how they want it. We'll be there second week of Oct in search of another slot buster like the one below (tried to release her, but she wouldn't go unfortunately).
[signature]
[quote richyd4u]Fall at Strawberry is fishing heaven! We go every year...white tubs with a little chub meat, money! We seem to have the most success with an immediate, steady retrieve...but let the fish tell you how they want it. We'll be there second week of Oct in search of another slot buster like the one below (tried to release her, but she wouldn't go unfortunately).[/quote]

Wow! Nice fish.

It really is my favorite time of the year. Great fishing, cool weather, and gorgeous scenery.
[signature]
Great fish Rich! We still need to plan a trip soon! I'm ready for some water therapy. We can take my boat so you don't have to drag your's up here. Jake
[signature]