Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake White Bass
I want to take some young people fishing at Utah Lake for White Bass. Has anyone seen them schooling up in mass lately? Last year in December it was one right after another down at Lincoln Beach.

Thanks!

Matthew
[signature]
[#0000FF]A much higher lake level this year will change the fishing at Lincoln Beach. You can't walk out on the rock shelves. But if you have a boat/tube/toon/yak you can locate the spring...or the channel out into the main lake...and probably find some. Also, there is usually a contingent of bank tanglers fishing small lures under a bobber between the dock and the ramp at Lincoln Beach harbor. Usually good for whites, crappies and bluegills...with an occasional walleye or catfish.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Otherwise, the white bass start collecting back inside all the harbors in November and fishing off the docks can sometimes be fast and furious. If you can find them you can usually catch them.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Last week white bass fishing was pretty steady at the Saratoga Springs marina (Pelican Bay). They like to school up in the deeper part, near the big concrete structure in the north end. You can climb down the rocks and get a bunch there, or you can even cast to just in front of the structure from the dock.

I caught about 3 on a small jig (1/16 oz) with a worm. But then I switched to cut white bass meat and would catch one every cast. Caught a few aggressive bullheads on the jig and cuttbait too.
[signature]
Thanks for the information Big Fish Tackleheads. You guys are the best! I am going to keep going until I find them biting well and then take the family. I will post a report on how things go.

Last year we went around Christmas time with my brother and our sons. We caught so many it was ridiculous. We took home a bunch and enjoyed tasty fish tacos. One old fellow, Keith, was parked on the dock and was having a grand time!

Here is the video I made to share with fishing friends.

https://youtu.be/bB2NA3xoqJ4
[signature]
Thanks for the video--it's got me excited to go get a few of those.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.