Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 1/17
Arrived early, right at 6 am. Full moon almost made it so I didn't need a headlamp.  6 degrees upon arrival.  Made my usual trek/hike back to the north arm of the reservoir.  Ice was about 7 inches where I fished.  Fishing was hot at the 1st spot under the light of that full moon.  Couldn't keep 2 poles in the water and fish were coming through at all levels.  As soon as the moon went behind the hill, it slowed.  By the time it started getting light, they were gone.  I moved to deeper water, found them again.  It was almost a NBC day (nothing but cutts) with the exception of one lone rainbow. Size was lacking, most fish under the slot with the biggest going 18".  I caught a couple of those.  All on all, a good day for catching.  I iced around 25 or so. Size was not comparable to those nice bows at Jordanelle and East Canyon, but still a good morning.  Not many pictures today.  Water is really low so the sled pull back up the hill was a lung burner.
[Image: 20220117-111026.jpg]

[Image: 20220117-113010.jpg]
Sounds like a successful outing! Congrats. Hopefully your early scouting will pay off for the tournament.
(01-17-2022, 11:16 PM)JArner Wrote: Sounds like a successful outing! Congrats. Hopefully your early scouting will pay off for the tournament.

There is a tournament at Lost Creek?

Jig-fisher- Great report, thanks for posting.
(01-17-2022, 11:16 PM)JArner Wrote: Sounds like a successful outing! Congrats. Hopefully your early scouting will pay off for the tournament.

Thanks Jim.

(01-18-2022, 01:06 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

There is a tournament at Lost Creek?

Jig-fisher- Great report, thanks for posting.
It is a new tournament, 1st year.  It is called the Slotbuster tournament.  It is a 2 day event.  1st day is at East Canyon, 2nd day at Lost Creek. You measure your biggest at East Canyon, then your biggest at Lost Creek the next day.  Combined total inches is your final score. Rules are a bit restrictive.  They break each entire lake into 3 areas and randomly assign you an area to fish.  You cannot measure any fish within the slot at Lost Creek.  You cannot use a shelter, etc.  Those are a couple of the rules.  Takes place the 29th and 30th of Jan.