Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum 3rd trip
Meet up with Jeff and Bob this am and went out to the same spot 33’ of water, I ended up with 10 nice keepers and Jeff and Bob both got 2 each, we caught probably a dozen dinks. Lots of people out today until about noon, suspect tomorrow will be really crowded. Burley came by and said hello so got to meet another BFT member. Great weather and enjoyed Jeff and Bobs company. 

[Image: 124-A517-F-CEEA-4941-A33-F-87-AC4184-C078.jpg]

[Image: 88-C26-E6-F-BB2-C-4-D7-E-A566-293010-F02-BC4.jpg]

[Image: C837-F780-6-BF1-4-AA2-9-BFE-E867-BF1-EC3-B3.jpg]
Nice going Alan, sounds like a good trip, you must have had the magic touch today. What were you doing/using that was so much better than the other two guys?
(01-14-2022, 11:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice going Alan, sounds like a good trip, you must have had the magic touch today. What were you doing/using that was so much better than the other two guys?

All had the same thing/color on, perch talker with perch meat, when the fish showed up I would pull about 6”s of line to move the bait up then let it sit
(01-14-2022, 11:47 PM)2knots Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 11:28 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice going Alan, sounds like a good trip, you must have had the magic touch today. What were you doing/using that was so much better than the other two guys?

All had the same thing/color on, perch talker with perch meat, when the fish showed up I would pull about 6”s of line to move the bait up then let it sit

I have noticed when perch are aggressive that lifting your lure up off the bottom will trigger them to move up quickly ang grab the bait but when they are not aggressive it rarely works.
(01-15-2022, 12:55 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 11:47 PM)2knots Wrote:

I have noticed when perch are aggressive that lifting your lure up off the bottom will trigger them to move up quickly ang grab the bait but when they are not aggressive it rarely works.
When the fish showed up on the finder they would just hang around the lure, with the rod in the rod holder I would just grab the line in front of the reel and pull it about 6”s and let it drop back down, seemed like it was what they needed to commit
Alan is the perch whisperer, he kicked my tail a lot worse than it sounds by his humble post. He had like 20 fish to my 2 and there were points it was a lot more than 10 to 1. Fun to watch the master at work. So do you think it was location or my line? Maybe I’ll tip it with some 3 lb Flurocarbon and see if I can catch a couple more. Thanks for the visit today guys I enjoyed that a lot more than the fishing. Although it was fun to get on the ice and feel somewhat safe. We measured close to 7” where we fished today, but edges were very weak and boots are required. Thanks for letting me join you guys. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-15-2022, 02:00 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Alan is the perch whisperer, he kicked my tail a lot worse than it sounds by his humble post. He had like 20 fish to my 2 and there were points it was a lot more than 10 to 1.  Fun to watch the master at work. So do you think it was location or my line?  Maybe I’ll tip it with some 3 lb Flurocarbon and see if I can catch a couple more. Thanks for the visit today guys I enjoyed that a lot more than the fishing. Although it was fun to get on the ice and feel somewhat safe. We measured close to 7” where we fished today, but edges were very weak and boots are required. Thanks for letting me join you guys. Later Jeff

I think your line is to stiff and to much memory, they we bitting pretty light
I’ll have to change one over and give it a try. Thanks Jeff
(01-15-2022, 02:53 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I’ll have to change one over and give it a try. Thanks Jeff

What pound line were you using Jeff?
Thanks for sharing the report. I need to get up there for my perch fix  Smile
Curt, I have some of the white super line. It’s 10lb, but the thickness of 4 lb. I’ve liked it in the past but I’m not doing very well catching this year so maybe I need to change things up. Later Jeff