Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's Valley 1/2
Headed up to Joe's Valley yesterday to try for a larger splake. No bigger fish were found but enough fish to keep it interesting. The active fish were in very shallow water, anywhere from 2-5' Spent a fair amount of time in 6-10' of water with little to no action. Fished tubes tipped with shiners and chubs. Very interesting to see your bait a few feet below the hole and watch a fish swim in a pick it up. All total I landed 26 fish between 12-17". Mostly splake with a couple tigers mixed in. Beautiful place, beautiful day.
[signature]
Sounds like pretty decent day.
[signature]
Thank you for posting about JV. How thick would you say the ice was? Color?

I take it you were on the west side where it's shallower?

Sorry for the interview, but I'm toying with the idea of going there. Thanks.
[signature]
I was over there on the 1st and there was anywhere from 3"-5" of ice. There were quite a few places with slush and usually the ice was thinner under the slush spots.
[signature]
cool name, i have to chuckle everytime i read it.
[signature]
I fished the west side along with a half-dozen other folks. Ice was 3-7" with spots of slush and thinner ice. Also some small holes in the ice where springs or pockets of warmer water were, especially close to the inlet. Hard ice was milky clear in most places with some clearer spots that looked a little thinner. Everywhere I drilled was at least 4" of good ice. The east side looks sketchy and there's still a small pocket of open water near the dam.
[signature]
Great report and fishing
[signature]
Way to lay waste to a better grade of fish.
[signature]