Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle ice
anybody know how thick the ice is in the marine at jordanelle , i saw that it was capped on sunday, just wondering if anyone has been on it. i dont care for the rock cliffs side, any info would be awsome
[signature]
I fished the rock cliff side last Wednesday and it was a good 8 inches and the lake looked frozen up to the hailstone boat ramp. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 6-8 inches over there by now.
[signature]
HA- no way that ice by the marina is sketchy...i drive by twice a day. it is spotty- maybe an inch or 2.. just maybe in the very backs of the bays it is 6 inches.
[signature]
A guy was fishing it yesterday and there is a guy fishing it right now (perhaps the same guy, because he is fishing the same location):

[url "http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/jordanelle/"]Link to camera[/url]
[signature]
I would bet that the area north of the marina has safe ice. I wouldn't be surprised by 6 inches. I fish lots of early ice and I find it amusing how much people underestimate the ice thickness. 3 inches of ice lookes like 1 inch. If a part has stayed frozen since last Monday when I fished it, then I guarantee it has at least 4 inches if not 6-8.

I may begoing tomorrow morning so we'll see.
[signature]
So Jacksonman, you didn't mention how the fishing was in the rockport arm of the nelle...although you did mention you would be returning...any perchies?[laugh]

Bigpapafish
[signature]
Everytime I go to that site there is no camera to watch? I used to be able to see it but know there's nothing? Do you have some special quicktime or mediaplayer program to watch them?
[signature]
I used to have the same problem. I believe I fixed it by upgrading my Flashplayer.
[signature]
thx for the info, im gonna head up thursday and see hoe thick the ice is at hailstone if its skethcy im headed to echo or rockport
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You need to upgrade your Java. That is the operating system. Look it up online and download it if you don't have it. It is free.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I did make it up there from 7 to 12 this morning. Fished several spots on 10-25 ft. Only caught one 18 inch bow and it was in the first 15 minutes. I missed several good bites, one of which acted like a brown. I heard another guy catch a 23 inch brown. But everyone there moved a ton and left sooner than I did. The fishing was not good. Ice ranged from 132 inches to 3 inches 100 feet from the open water. No perchies and haven't heard of any caught there yet. The two that I kept last time had over 10 perch in them if that counts.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Jacksonman. I wanted to head up there with the kids, but if the perch bite isn't happening... well the kids aren't very understanding if they don't get into some fish.[laugh]

Thanks again,
Bigpapafish
[signature]