Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I knew it couldn't last......
Back to Willard this morning. Only good thing about today, I met up with Uintaman on the prep line. He's the one that posted that BEAUTIFUL Brooke Trout. Man, I have NEVER seen one like that, what a fantastic looking fish. Thanks for posting that Uintaman.
I sure hope you did better down at the south end today than I did at the north end.

Two words will describe today, for me anyway WINDY, Skunked !

Wind was so bad white capping, but otherwise the weather was beautiful, I took a break in the marina and washed a few mussels in the channel. No luck there either, but at least I wasn't getting dang near capsized......[mad]. Wind calmed some and I went back out to several spots in the north area. I had 2 or 3 hard hit and runs, and let go within 20 feet of the boat. One (whatever it was) was pulling so hard I just KNEW I had a good hook set. But when he let go at about 2 feet from the boat, the line, weight, and HOOK came flying back directly at me. If not for the wind, I may very well have gotten a hook in my neck or face. But it zinged past my right ear. I think that fish did that on purpose...............[pirate].

Well, maybe better tomorrow. Trying again to get my son out on WB before it's too cold.

Again, Uintaman, was good meeting you today.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Revenge of the fish! Getting back at you for all that catching you have done recently.[Tongue]
[signature]
Well thats too bad but normal for Willard, especially this time of the year, with all the baby shad in the water. Of course that wind did not help, did you have better luck on Sunday?
[signature]
"Well thats too bad but normal for Willard, especially this time of the year, with all the baby shad in the water. Of course that wind did not help, did you have better luck on Sunday? "

That was Sunday Curt.........[laugh] And I got skunked again today Monday..........but weather was much nicer. Full report coming later.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool