Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge or Bust
Well, we are heading out in the morning for two days at the gorge. We are going to do a little testing at the southern section of the reservoir...Some down rigger trolling, jigging. and even a little bait fishing. I hope to figure out how my self deploying Minn Kota works...I don't think I will start out letting the thing park and wait in the marina with no one aboard as in the youtube video from Minn.

If you are on the gorge and see my in the monster red, drop by and say hello. I will report our findings when I return.
[signature]
Please let us know how you do and conditions at the south end of the lake. Best of luck to you.
Turned out to be a bust. Right out of the shoot I started having electrical problems with critical low voltage errors. This kept me from going up north. Stayed close to cedar springs ramp. We found some lakers right on the bottom across from the ramp, but only managed a few nibbles with a large white squid. Caught one nice rainbow.

The good news...I was able to diagnose the problem. My Verado outboard combined with the digital throttle from mercury requires an AGM battery and the dealer mixed an AGM with a standard acid battery which basically squeezed the amount of power to and from the batteries in parallel.

Maybe a pontoon would simplify my life...
[signature]
Gotta question, sent a pm
[signature]
[quote Fish_Utah_Bob]Turned out to be a bust. Right out of the shoot I started having electrical problems with critical low voltage errors. This kept me from going up north. Stayed close to cedar springs ramp. We found some lakers right on the bottom across from the ramp, but only managed a few nibbles with a large white squid. Caught one nice rainbow.

The good news...I was able to diagnose the problem. My Verado outboard combined with the digital throttle from mercury requires an AGM battery and the dealer mixed an AGM with a standard acid battery which basically squeezed the amount of power to and from the batteries in parallel.

Maybe a pontoon would simplify my life...[/quote]

So you launched from Cedar Springs?
[signature]