Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog feels below par after.......
Dog feels below par after eating 28 golf balls

Reuters — April 23, 2004

LONDON —Vets cut open a German Shepherd dog to find she had scoffed no fewer than 28 golf balls.

Eighteen-month old Libby had been coughing blood after weeks of fetching golf balls at the northern England course where owner Mike Wardrop works as a bar manager.

Wardrop told Reuters on Friday he hadn't realized the dog had a secret appetite for the dimpled balls she found at Didsbury Golf Club in Manchester.

"When I take her for a walk every day she is prone to finding golf balls," Wardrop said. "She can fit five in her mouth."

Libby is now recovering from the operation to remove the balls, with 30 stitches across her belly.

"I've had to buy her two footballs," said Wardrop. "She can't swallow them."
[signature]
A year ago, my 1 year old lab started to puke everytime she would eat, dropped from 60 lbs to 35 lbs in about 4 weeks, and lost all energy. I took her to the vet with no results, finally when i thought my dog was days away from being a goner, back to the vet we went. After the surgery the vet found a solid rubber bouncy ball the size of a racquet ball clogging her up good. She has been fine ever since. Dog will eat anything.
[signature]
[unimpressed]4 WEEKS!AFTER 4 DAYS OF DOIN THAT I WOULD OF HAD MINE. TO THE VET! NO WONDER SHE LOST STRENGTH. DA! whats the matter with ya? what if it were you? you,d go. if htat was a kid they,d taken that kid from ya. too bad the vet didnt. and i aint sayin sorry fer sayin it cause if anyboy,s got a dog and doesnt take care of him he shouldnt have em. 4 weeks of not eatin and drinkin .it,s a good thing were on here or i,d be sayin it in sone other terms ya wouldnt be likein.[Sad][Tongue]and i would of taken her to another vet till i found out the problem. that vet didnt sound like he knew anythin either. but i sure as wouldnt just let her be till i found out. my god. what you thinkin?? ya aint.i feel fer that dog./dont want to spend the money fer a dog or kid ya shouldnt have em.!!!!! and i MEAN IT!
[signature]
Hey Patches, take it easy on the kid. It's hard for a dog to tell you what's wrong unless you're a dog or Dr Doolittle.
[signature]
haha well i,ll say sorry if it s a kid, butthe adult ought ot of! ya tke em till ya find out whats the matter. with him. ya would a kid wouldnt ya??? 4 weeks! i just can,t take it, ilove my animals so . 65 lbs to 35? mights swell of put him down. it,s the adult here thats tickin me off then, if ya wanna call em an adult. [Tongue]
[signature]

[signature]
How can you not notice when your dog has 28 golf balls in her[crazy]?
[signature]
hahaha well i have relatives with the NAME doolittle. hahha how do ya like me now! haha well he wrote me back on a pm. findin out he kept tkain the dog back to that idiot vet, i figure thats ONE OF the problem here. haha well, it,s just a fact that vet was just another vet that likes money. and TAKIN THTE KID, the other problem here is he did not SPECIFY, THAT HE KEPT TKAIN HER BACK. THAT IT ONLY SOUNDED LIKE HE TOOK HER 2 TIMES, SOUNDED LIKE HERE, DIDNT IT, BECAUSE HE DID NOT SPECIFY... COURSE I ,M GONNA TAKE IT THAT WAY~! . the other problems here is, there are too many vets that are only in it fer the money and THE VET ABUSES THAT ANIMAL, BY-- JUST TO HAVE HIM KEEP BRINGIN HER BACK.! AND THAT VET OUGHT TO BE WRIT UP.! BUT THEN ALSO, THERE,S OWNERS THAT do abuse animals BY NOT TAKIN EM. .WHETHER ITS A LAB, HOUND OR MIXED BREED, BUT THERE ARE SO MANY OUT THERE, THAT WANT OT HAVE A NICE BREED AND HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO TRAIN EM, THIER PERSONALITY, OR HOW TO TRAIN THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR PERSONALITY, AND WHICH WAY IS BEST FER THAT ANIMAL TO BE TRAINED, AND THEY,D RATHER PUT EM DOWN THAN TO TRAIN EM RIGHT,BY THIER WAY. OF PERSONLAITY. AND GO GIT ANOTHER ONE AND DO THE SAME THING ALL OVER AGAIN! OH, COURSE IT ISNT THE OWNER, IT,S ALWAYS THE DOGS FAULT, BUT THATS GITTIN OFF THE TRACK HERE. AND I,M NOT SAYIN THIS IS POLOKID, IT,S JUST FACTS, THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT IS, THAT SOME PEOPLE, JUST LIKE TO HAVE EXPENSIVE ANIMALS JUST TO SY THEY GOT IT, THERE,S JUST TO MANY THAT DO ABUSE, WHETHER THERE AN EXPENSIVE DOG OR A MUTT. THATS WHAT I,M TRYIN TO SAY. I,M NOT SAYIN THAT BOUT POLOKID!HAHA, BUT IT,S FACT AND SEEN IT TOO MUCH. WHEN I TRAINED THE GREYHOUNDS TO RUN. IF THEY DIDNT MAKE MONEY,THEY WERE PUT DOWN, SO I TRAINED THOSE THAT WERE DIFFERENT TO UNDERSTAND, WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO BE DOIN, ADIFFERENT WAY OF TRAININ,AND THEY RAN. AND WOULD WIN. I ALSO STARTED THE FOUNDATION UP HERE FER GRAYHOUNDS TO BE GIVEN AWAY, TO THOSE WHO WOULD LOVE THEM, GOOD HOMES, RATHER THEN TO HAVE THEM PUT DOWN. but i told him if he can specify what HE MEANS, AND WHAT happened on the pm, IN HIS INDIGNANT WAY, he can express it here so,s everybody understands the situation.and dont take it that way, THAT HE PUT IT HERE,-----ALSO, ABOUT, HOW A GOOD VET WILL LOOK FER THIS KIND OF PROBLEM THE FIRST TIME, NOT 4 WEEKS LATER. HE JUST SHOULD OF GONE TO A GOOD VET AFTER TAKIN HER 2 TIMES TO THAT VET, AND POLOKID NOT FINDIN THE PROBLEM. PUPS ARE PUPS THEY DO THIS IT,S . NATURAL, IT, IS JUST LIKE RAISIN A KID, WHETER THEY CAN SPEAK OR NOT, IT,S THE UNDERSTANDIN, AND COMMON SENCE, INSTINCT, OF A GUT FEELIN OF KNOWIN YOUR DOG, AND UNDERSTANDIN of THE DOG TELLIN YOU IN HIS OWN WAY, CAUSE TO ME THEY CAN TALK, PERSONALITY WISE, AND HOW HE,S ACTIN, SOMETHIN IS WRONG. COMMON SENCE OF YOUR DOG GOES A LONG WAYS. AND KNOWIN, THAT THEY WILL BE PUPS, BUT THIS ALSO TAKES ALOT OF TIME SPENDIN WITH, ALL ANIMALS, GUT INSTINCT GIVES YOU EXPIERENCE, THAT YOU,LL ALSO LEARN IN TIME. BUT, --- A GOOD VET KNOWS THIS.TOO! ONE, WHO CARES ABOUT ANIMALS. YES AND I DO KNOW ALOT.! HAHAHAHAHA I,VE TRAINED DOGS ALL MY LIFE, MINE, FER BREEDERS AND OTHERS ON THE SIDE, WORKED AT HINSDALE, WITH THE GREYHOUNDS, TRAINED HORSES, 4 OF MY OWN, AND 5 STABLES.ALL AT ONCE. WITH 5 HORSES COLTS FILLIES, BETWIXT ALL F EM. HAHA I HAVE DEALT WITH ANIMALS MORE THAN I HAVE HUMAN, BUT I CAN DEAL WITH BOTH, IF I HAVE TO. HAHAHAHA AND WILL.AND PUT MANY HOURS TIME LIFE, AND LOVE INTO DOIN THIS. AND WILL.TILL THE DAY I STOP BREATHIN.AND KIDS! [Smile][Wink]I AINT GOT GREY HAIR FER NOTHIN! HAHAHAHA [Smile]
[signature]
I sent Flagman and Patches a PM personally about my disagreeance with my care for Lillie (my dog). I can say I am actually glad it was handled on a personal matter with each of them.

I have to admit, my first post about the story with the bouncy ball was very vague. I can completely understand their points on the subject. I went back and read my post from a different perspective than the person that handled the matter, and can understand how that sounded like abuse. Just on my part, I love my dog. I am a single bachelor guy and my dog is by far my best friend, and I learned that Patches has the same type of scenario. That dog goes everywhere with me. I can completely appreciated patches and his views on people with irresponsible actions towards pets and animals. It drives me nuts too!!! I can say that i do not go to the same vet that almost killed my dog. My new vet rocks!!! Just to clear the air at this time I have a 65 lb perfectly healthy black lab and a $450 black bouncy ball hanging in a bag as a reminder that dogs will eat everything!!!!

I regret this had to turn into a pissing match, but I definitely learned about another BFT member. Best wishes and catch um all!!!!
[signature]
[Smile][Wink]HAHAHAHA THAT,S WHY I SAY, "GIT UP PATCHES!HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE, I HEAR YA, ME TOO,YA SORRY IT TURNED INTO THAT TOO! HAHAHHA IT,S HARd to learn how to put things so,s others knows what your meanin sometimes, i do the same thing at times. my problem is the fingers dont keep up as fast as the mind works. hahaha or the other ways round haha or my mouth runs away with my everlovin. hahaha IM SO GLAD YOU FOUND ANOTHER VET! i wish i could see your pup. bet she,s beautiful, and glad she,s well nd happy too,. with you. i had a black lab too. big square head, good huntin lines, wanted to git to hunt him but life has its ways of puttin a hault of what ya want and is.----- ya know! our house burned down i had to kepp him at a kennel till we got the trailer in and go to see and feed water you, know, take him out. but it was,nt fair to him, to have to keep doin this, he should be with me, but because it was a while before we could afford to put the new trailer in, i figured, this was best to do, this little girl fell in love with laddie john, saw the parents, the farm they had, and home, and laddie had fun with her, so i let him go. hurt like the devil, but it was best fer him. i saw him thru the years, he always membered me, and still had that bond, but they say, if ya love somethin someone, ya do whats best fer them. first dog i ever gave away, and last, except fer dutchies puppies she had and i kept jake, this one, and my son kept spud his brother that,s still alive, 15 years this may 28th. all the rest have lived to be 14-19 years old that says somethin. my old patches died in my arms from old age. 27, thats pretty good fer a horse. i,m glad ya like your new vet! later
[signature]
Get your free pet care CD at [url "http://www.thinktreats.com"]www.thinktreats.com[/url]
[signature]
hi dave, how ya doin?? hey that,s a good site, thanks, lotta good info. later hows the fishin goin?? haha later[Smile][Wink]
[signature]